Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Good Runner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eleanor finally got to come out of hibernation this week. November was when I last had her running. 6 year old set of points and a 7 year old battery and she still started on the 2nd revolution after all that time. I did give her a new set of plugs and wires before doing field work today.

Rainy and gray all day today, but things are definitely starting to come to life here on the edge of prairie.

Colin, MN

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't forget to give the owner some credit for keeping her well tuned & maintained!

Nice looking black dirt. Do you even use fertilizer? Smile

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Edge of the Prairie"...isn"t that close to Lake Wobegone? Smile

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great Colin, tractor and the dirt!
I wish I had some of that to at least mix in with my red clay!

Larry Wallace
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A very nice looking machine.

Have fun and be safe!

LW

Britcheflee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got to get me a comfy seat like that for my bony old backside!

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bruce (VA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:52:42 05/08/13) Don't forget to give the owner some credit for keeping her well tuned & maintained!

Nice looking black dirt. Do you even use fertilizer? Smile

Thanks, Bruce! The only fertilizer is recycled and composted hay. There was corn on this field in '83. I suppose that was the last time it saw any "conventional" farming methods applied to it.

Colin

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This one is getting a little worn, but it's well worth the investment. Keeps the behind warmer too when it's wet or cold.

Colin

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, Larry! Will do.

Colin

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's great soil - and it's so much better than it used to be. Grows amazing vegetables and some very tasty lamb and chickens Smile Come visit, and we'll cook you up a good farm dinner.

Colin

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You got it, Tom! Smile We're right on the western edge of Keilor's old stomping grounds. The "Chatterbox Cafe" was the name of a cafe here in Long Prairie in the late 60s and early 70s, though the cafe inspiration itself was from Freeport, MN's "Charlie's Cafe."

Colin, MN

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Colin, my wife and I have been fans since the early 80"s. (Probably more so then than now, back before everyone knew about the show.)

My claim to fame: she sent in a birthday greeting to me in about "83 (before we were even married) in a clever, well-written letter (a real letter!), and Keillor turned it into a song, with help from Greg Brown.

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: A Good Runner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom in MO wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:03:47 05/10/13) Colin, my wife and I have been fans since the early 80"s. (Probably more so then than now, back before everyone knew about the show.)

My claim to fame: she sent in a birthday greeting to me in about "83 (before we were even married) in a clever, well-written letter (a real letter!), and Keillor turned it into a song, with help from Greg Brown.

What a wonderful story, Tom!!!

Colin

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.