Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

zane thang

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
47fivewindow
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

y'all talked me into this "thang". this is to say thanks. Graded the driveway today and it worked wonderfully. if you have a 9n consider one

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Works great on a 2N also. Simple to use, easy bolt on installation.
I bought one a few years ago and use it regularly.

ZANE
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys! It's one of those awakening things (Thangs) that sometimes come to a person.

I'd been working on N Ford for at least 50 years before I thought of this Thang and boy has it been good. The first one I made I got the idea one night and couldn't sleep for thinking about it and got up in the middle of the night and went out to my little shop and fabricated one from junk I found around the shop and installed in on my TO 20 Ferguson which has the same Ferguson system as the 9N and 2N and bless Pat it worked just like I had imagened it would.
When I posted it that next day some guys asked what I had been smoking because it had never been sucessfully done.
I'm still making and selling them.

Zane

Zane

ARCO petee
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Almost think I should get a second job so I can afford to get a 9/2n so I can try a ZANE THANG.

award
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

...so what is a zang thing and do they work on 8ns?

GOOD..John,PA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I still operate that "traveling billboard" on my service van. Your ZANE THANG sign is just under the SOLAR PANEL on the left rear window.

I will accept my dividend package anytime. :)

John,PA L1049G

MoMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put one on my 2n about a month ago. It's one of those rare things that is worth every cent,is easy to install and works as advertised. Mike

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, Better than sliced bread, etc, etc!

mbramble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

award wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:24:52 05/09/13) ...so what is a zang thing and do they work on 8ns?

It provides position control to 9N/2Ns. Not necessary on the 8N since it already has it....

Zane's Lift Stuff

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought one back when Zane first offered them. Never sorry I did.

2ruNgineer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Alright then. I just ordered one. I trust i will not be disappointed.

Greg 2N (TX)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes sir,

Greg

2ruNgineer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Prompt delivery.
Installed it over the weekend.
What a masterful mechanical feedback loop.
Seems like this is going to make bush hoggin' much easier.
Even something as simple as getting my blade level was made easier.

4xfergie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought mine over ten years ago an use this tractor daily just about every day.
An old Fergie dealer who received a gold model tractor of Harry in person said "it cannot be done son if you want to contol the height get some chains blah blah"
One day I will put a knob on the end of the shaft to make it easy to hold when at rear of tractor and attaching implements.
Try doing this with a Zane Thang

Spooke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: zane thang Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="47fivewindow"](quoted from post at 17:08:00 05/09/13) y'all talked me into this "thang". this is to say thanks. Graded the driveway today and it worked wonderfully. if you have a 9n consider one[/quote]

I traded Zane a crank for one and don't have a 9/2N Shocked
WELL I had to see it in my own hands. He does a nice job building them I sold it to Larry Ga. , I think it was a YT'er once he seen it he had to have it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.