Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little More Progress on the "U"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgems
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Little More Progress on the "U" Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Made a new batt box and after rebuilding frame and finding a shock that would work have the seat assembly together.
Going with protronics ignition.
Hope to have tires on and engine running soon.
Tony

1948 mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow that looks nice, great detail!

Ray Tellin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That paint job is unreal! Looks very nice.

nys

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great but if you need more practice I can drop
off a couple of mine LOL. Wish I had time to get in
the shop.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That tractor's going to look better than new. I have experience with Moline tractors but never this style. I think it looks "cool" at tractor pulls with the driver sitting low behind the back wheels. However it also looks somewhat dangerous, like you're one slip away from falling and getting run over by what's behind. What if the seat bracket broke? I wonder how many accidents were caused by this design before the "B" series started.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a U with 18.4's at a pull, unfortunately no driver at the moment.

twostepn2001
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like you're getting down to the "short rows" on this project Tony. It's looking great!

black

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice work !! but what's under the tarp L.O.L.

redgems
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

black wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:25:39 05/11/13) Nice work !! but what's under the tarp L.O.L.

A 1955 Farmall 400, 54'SMTA, Farmall "h" , 58'Farmall 560, 45' L.A. Case.
Tony

redgems
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gtractorfan wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:26:57 05/10/13) That tractor's going to look better than new. I have experience with Moline tractors but never this style. I think it looks "cool" at tractor pulls with the driver sitting low behind the back wheels. However it also looks somewhat dangerous, like you're one slip away from falling and getting run over by what's behind. What if the seat bracket broke? I wonder how many accidents were caused by this design before the "B" series started.

gtractorfan,
I've wondered same on this U and my L.A. Case . However I,ve never heard of any. The U My Dad had was used hard for years without incident.
Whats as bad is the feet and legs in proximity to pto even though pto will have a shield.
I think OSHA would probably have a cow with this set up nowadays.LOL
Tony

71ford100
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Case LA that the seat broke off
of and the guy fell off while doing
summer tillage. Luckily he has by the
ditch and everything went over him
without hurting him too much!

redgems
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Little More Progress on the Reply to specific post Reply with quote

71ford100 wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:50:01 05/11/13) I have a Case LA that the seat broke off
of and the guy fell off while doing
summer tillage. Luckily he has by the
ditch and everything went over him
without hurting him too much!

Yes, I can see that happening!!
I made new seat frame when I restored my L.A as I could see cracks on old one after I blasted it. And I am doing same vigilence on the M.M.
I was in a parade with my Smta l.p. and a guy came up and asked how could I be comfortable sitting behind a potential blast from that tank in front of me.
I answered they been here 50-60 years no problems. Propane co. checked them out said they are complient so here I am.lol I drove them for years growing up.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.