Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Rylander
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally got around to writing the story- let me know what y'all think!

http://www.jethrosgarage.blogspot.com/

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eric,

Excellent documentation of your road trip. Doesn't sound like you had much excitement (trouble) along the way. Reminds me of bringing the DC LP back from Texas to Wisconsin. Don

Eric Rylander
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, Don!

You are right, we had no blowouts, breakdowns, or run ins with local law along the way. I did however leave out the part where my partner in the run did not shower or brush his teeth for about four days.........

I found the infamous Roger Welch on Facebook, messaged him and linked my blog. Having read his books on "tractor hunting trips" I wanted him to read mine. And he did, and liked it. Made my day.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice Documentatiuon of your trip .And enjoy the sc .you are correct in Guessing the flooded view of the river crossing Sherman Minton Federal JUDGE bridge on I-64to Louisville Ky .You caught the Ohio River Getting Higher and Higher,,,It likes to do that when it rains a lot up n/east of here ,,. The river never was much For Good mannners at times like that...

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Eric,

I have always thought that finding them and bringing them home was at least 1/2 the fun. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Don

shinnery
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I am confused, Was this trip made on Memorial Day or Labor Day? Both are mentioned several times and also talks about Lilacs in the spring??
Bryce

Eric Rylander
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

shinnery wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:44:09 05/12/13) Well I am confused, Was this trip made on Memorial Day or Labor Day? Both are mentioned several times and also talks about Lilacs in the spring??
Bryce

Ahh, Memorial day weekend! Looks I need to edit better! And because it was memorial day weekend, we did not bear north and cut through Indiana around Indianapolis, shaving some miles off. Indy 500 goes on Memorial weekend.

NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great Story!
I wish I would have done that good of a job documenting my trips.
Thanks for posting,
Nick

shinnery
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only two references to Labor Day left.......

Eric Rylander
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: The tractor rescue trip of 2009 on my blog Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FIXED!

Guess I need to proof read a tad better. If that's the worst error I made, I did good.

Hope to make another trip this summer, dad has some stuff he is cleaning out of the garage like old hay pulleys, a kerosene stove from the 1930's and I want to bring back an old running gear we bought on a farm estate auction in the early 80's that is made from what I have been told '37 Ford front axles and the hub/wheel assemblies with the wide pattern.

Will be a slightly different route, leaving Savannah GA going up through Atlanta on 75, then cutting over up around Indianapolis. Most direct route goes thru Chicago but I think I will hook over west out of Indy and pick up 39, up thru WI to 94.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.