Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Miller Thunderbolt Welder That I"m planning on sellin and don"t know what to ask for it. Bought new in 1982 and only used about 5 hrs. Almost full 50 lbs of 7018 rod. Front Says Thundrbolt AC-DC 230 AMP.

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had one in my shop along with about 10 Lincolns. It was a bit more costly than a Lincoln. I would think about $400 and if the rods are dry they should have some value too. I liked it because it had a soft arc. I overloaded it with a wirefeed box and ruined it.

Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess I will ask $450 withe the rods and a new self darking helmet.
Steve

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last I checked you could buy a brand new TBolt for 600 bucks or so. Based on that... I'd never think of paying more than half for a used one that I saw working. In all honesty, probably a good deal less depending on the condition and length of the leads. You can ask 450 but I'd not hold my breath waiting to get it. IIRC, there are high frequency machines available that will do more work for less money than that today, brand new...
7018 of unknown age and quality... 10 bucks a box. If it's newish, Blue Shield or comparable rod and the hermatic seals are not broken... then yeah, probably more like 30-40 bucks a box.

Rod

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What brand and model of helmet and how long are the cables? Auto helmets can be from $50 to over $400. The machine itself is worth maybe $300 if it looks like new. With decent cables and the helmet and rods, could be worth $450 but a lot of people won't put much value on the rods. New cable isn't cheap either. Do you have no use for a welder?

Stan in Oly, WA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

When I sell something like that, I usually ask enough more than I'm willing to take that when the interested person asks if I'd take less, I can. Or, in a situation like yours where there are several things I'm willing to throw in, I'll hold something back and then counter a lower offer by suggesting throwing in the additional item rather than reducing the price. For instance, I might not mention the A/D helmet initially, but offer to include it rather than lower the price at the potential buyer's request.

Stan

Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Value of Miller Thundrbolt welder ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have no use for the welder. Never used it much as I can't weld good. I guess it takes pratice. A very good friend has a welding shop and usues me right. Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.