Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

More pics from central NY.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay and I are next door neighbors on the YT forum. I live just 35m west of him.
Took these pics, in the last few days here at Clinton Camp Farm. The oats are well up, the Alfalfa is growing leaps and bounds. The corn is all in, and we are done plowing for the spring season. All we have to do know to finish spring planting is to prep another 140A for beans and get them planted. By then the Alfalfa will be ready to cut and the haying season will begin, weather permitting. We are suppose to get the cold weather that is west of the Great Lakes here Tue-Wed. Hope we don't get temps in the 20s and snow flurries they are predicting.
Loren, the Acg.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pics Loren! The farm I work on was owned by a family that moved to West Winfield, they wanted to keep milking, and the place couldn't support 3 family's, plus they hated the clay, so they went a little west, they are the Livingstons, you by any chance ever meet or know them? There big JD guys.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, I delt with them for many years, ingluding before they totally moved over north of Winield. but haven't seen them since I left Randall Imps in 92. They had a Case 1090 tractor, rare to this area, which I took in trade and resold to a pair of baculor farmers over in Johnstown, which they still have and use.
I sold the Livingstons a lot of equipment and several used tractors, including a Steiger built IH tractor. The boys were always fixing painting and wheeling and dealing. They were excellent farmers.
Loren

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pics Loren. That cold weather you here writing about, is what I have here today. Cold and snow showers. I have my mixed grain in, and hope to plant corn this week. Lots of corn went in around here last week.Bruce

RandyB(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We , here in cent. MI are at 35-37 degrees and wind and some light snow squalls that didn't last long. I think the lakes may buffer it a little so by the time it gets to you may even be 40,s. Sposed to be 50,s here tomorrow and 70,s again on Tue.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bruce,
The 10 day streach of clear skies, light breezes, and temps in the low 70s really gave things a boost here. We have had cooler weather since Friday, with off and on rains. May's rainfall hasen't broke an inch yet though. I am hopeing the weather you have will disipate a bit before it gets this far south. We could still use more H2o, and more heat to push the seed crops, But the old saying around here could prove to be correct also. (Cold Wet May, Barn Full of Hay) We can't change the weather,
Loren

Ellis Kinney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a lot of blue something in the top half of your pictures. What is that? Been raining in Northern Kentucky (just south of Cincy)for a week. The ground is saturated. Ellis

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What a small world. Yes those guys are something! I went to there farm in 2004 they still had a Steiger, maybe a panther?? But it was a big 4wd articulating tractor, of that green color.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We're in central NY, Mohawk Valley reigon, between Albany and Syracuse. You can google my address and check it out there. The last time the google earth satilite flew over I waved to it, so you should be able to see me in the back yard. LOL
Loren

Formerly PaMike
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about a little farm history? Size? How many cows milked? Who farms it now? I have always wanted to move from PA up into NY for a slower easier way of life, but I dont think it will ever happen...I am a hay farmer, and I am down here in the land of row crops and high land rent...

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's no better in this area, maybe up north of us. Land taxes are crazy around me, I mean the school taxes. Prolly not as bad out Loren's way, but I don't know for a fact.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pics. You sure are farther ahead than we are here in NWIA. Our trees are opening buds and the alfalfa is maybe three inches tall at most. Asparagus is just peeping through. Seems like all of our plants are afraid to leaf out much for fear they will get nipped. Jim

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really Great Pics Bro!!! very pretty country thanks for sharing

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All the pictures look great. I love the asparagus bed...

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: More pics from central NY. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loren,
As always, wonderful pics. The alfalfa really looks nice there. Your background scenery is always so spectacular to see. Thanks for sharing.
Kow Farmer Kurt

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters