Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1951 SC project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Many thanks for all the info I got from this forum. John Saeli, his wife at Saeli Implement and Don Livingston at Rusty Acers. The information was very useful. I"ve got as many hours searching posts as working on the Sc.
Well anyway my story is I got this old case from my brother a couple years ago, motor rust frozen
drained out a five gal bucket of water from the crank case, after a motor rebuild, new clutch, brake work, new seals, radiator cleaned, starter, generator, lights, mag rebuilt, a little primer and paint. I lost track of time and money in this project but have enjoyed it.

tomturkey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't keep track of my expenditures either. Once I committ to the project, I'm all in. Most times if people knew how many dollars and how much time you had invested they would have you committed. lol gobble btw-good save looks good

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

She is almost done, I'm working on the fenders right now. Then I need put the rear light on, can't decide where to put it on the back or on the fender

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking tractor. What did you do with the grill screen?

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

shop pic

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

during the paint process

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

one more pic

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I still have it, it does have some holes in it. Don't know if I can fix it yet but will try at some point.

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

motor pic

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The SC we had the tail-lite was mounted on the left fender. But I gota say are SC didn"t look that good,nice job. thanks for sharing.

chuck machinist
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the primer you used. What did you use?

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used black epoxy, nice stuff to work with.
ppg urethane paint

Mark Lehmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, hope to bring it Lathrop MO
for the Case expo in June

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mark,they are sure a nice little tractor to have around the farm,they are so good on gas.
I have a "101" Case loader on one, and another that is a small chores tractor.
Thanks for posting and the pic of her too
Dan

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: 1951 SC project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very proper resto you have there. The end result shows.
Don L.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.