Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM R mounted land plow

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have found what I believe to be a model R with an integral mounted left and right land plow. The plow appears to be complete and in good shape. I am a JD guy and do not know if the plow is worth dragging out from where it is. Unfortunately the R has been scabbed for parts, rims are shot, etc. Is the plow worth much? Is there anywhere I can download a parts book or manual to see if it is complete? Thanks!

oros35
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know anything about it, but I would love to have something like that for my R!

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Ive seen pictures of those plows in some old literature. Yes it would be worth something to the right person, as would the R. I will see if I can find a picture somewhere. Can you post a picture of the plow and the tractor?

Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can try and get one in the next few days. Off the side plate I believe I got the serial number for the R but I am not sure. 0175000833. It does not match up with anything in the serial number guide on this site though.

I have already grabbed a few parts that were already taken off the tractor including an air cleaner body, cast belt pulley, and the hood. The hood is pretty nice with original decal/screen printing visible, no rust holes, no dents, original spring hooks not froze up, and original exhaust hole plug in tact (I think) but has peeling paint. The belt pulley looks new with the original grooves visible in the casting.

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get it ! Those are very hard to find that are complete. I have heard of only two of them in many, many yrs. And both of those were not complete.
In some of the older R litature there is one pic of one of those plows.
We have one that is for a Z that is complete with the inst.book. It was a 2000+ mile trip to get it home!. clint

Carlyle hoffman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are a tractor BUFF you should know by now, not to pass up anything you have not seen at least 5 or LESS. Have you noticed these replys?????????

Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in New England seeing a MM is rare in itself... I figured it would be worth saving but not being a MM guy I thought I would see if they were dime a dozen or not.

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the engine serial number for a 1950 R tractor

JOCCO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As a rule MM and the R do not command a lot of money. Location has a lot to due with it.

eas
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

would be interested in plow

Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you!

Roger H MI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get it! These old tools that go with the tractors are getting harder to find. It took a couple of years to put together a complete cultivator for a MM R. And I have never seen a mounted field cultivator that mounts to a MM U.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one for a U....but I dont use it..

Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let me know if you want to sell the plow I have an R that has the hitch that it will hook up to thanks. And let me know.

Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: MM R mounted land plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am very interested in plow send me an email if you would like to sell it I have a MM R that has the hitch that this plow will fit. Let me know Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.