Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rant

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would love to know why some people have to tell everything. I work on fellow pullers tractors,carb kits , installing motors, welding brackets , ect. If someone asks me not to say anything , you dont say ANYTHING. I just love when you dyno your tractor with too many eyes watching and expect everyone to keep there mouth shut just to have a fellow puller come up to you 3 weeks later and know exactly what the dyno said when they weren't even there.When someone asks you to keep your mouth shut...KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! That's my rant.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shouldn't dyno your tractor with anyone around unless you are pretty sure what it is going to be.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll tell you everything that's in my engines. You can make one just like it or make one better if you want. As for horse power I never could figure out why we were able to pull a gear faster than the 82hp bored/stroked A's with our 40 DC that makes 65 or 70hp. Come to think about it their nose did get a little longer lately!

Cody
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats why it takes me so long to build a tractor, cause I'm the only one I trust to do it and to see it......

LarryM
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Human nature 101. People love being in on a secret. It makes
them feel important. The same goes with sharing a secret. If I
know something you do not then I feel important by sharing it
with you; in the strictest confidence that you won"t tell anyone
else of course Smile. If you want it to stay a secret then keep it to
yourself and maybe one other person. If only one other
person knows and they know you only told them then plausible
deniability no longer exists if the"secret gets out" Other
people gain a great boost in self esteem by pointing out other
people"s errors. I see a few people in here that see to thrive
by doing that. Myself personally the more I learn the less
willing I am to share with everyone. If your a bible reader look
up Matthew 7:6. Anyway just some late night philosophical
thoughts from someone who cannot sleep.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish that I could have a few of those tell-alls around when I have my 960 on my dyno to help me find all those extra ponies that it is supposed to have, LOL.

MLPANKEY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rule number one when operating a dyno . When they"s
a crowd around dyno runs loosely . when its just you
and dyno run it correctly. Give the ones that are
going to talk something to talk about . just smile
and keep moving through the pits gives them even
more to talk about .remember there is nothing like
free publicity

V8S10
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

weve got a 1066 hot farm tractor we pull with and we have people constantly asking how much power we are running.. im not afriad to give people advice on things we do but if they do ask i just smile and say not enough!Smile

Mopower
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back when I got into the sport, it was a big "cloak & daggers" act. Rules were vague, yet restrictive, and if you were percieved as having an advantage, you were a cheater. Guys had tricks and they prided themselves in knowing something you didn't. They also didn't want a tattle tale going to an overzealous track judge. Today, with clearer rules, better technology, and low restriction speed limit classes, it's much more friendly. I don't know too many guys these days that wouldn't tell you what they did and maybe even help you do it. It's more fun being the first guy with a new idea than a guy with a big secret. If winning made big profits, it might be a different story. We all know antique pulling is not a profitable venture!

mark us
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you don"t want anyone to know something don"t say nothing, the best way to keep a secret is not to tell anyone, the best way to let something out is to tell someone not to tell anyone. if you are going to be mad at anyone it should be yourself for letting it be known. end of story!

mark20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have know problem helping anyone.I help guys out that pull in my class.A bit of competition never hurt anyone .But you do spend alot of time , effort and money just to have someone run there mouth off .A couple of beer on a friday night in the shop and I would tell you myself but I would tell you, not someone else.And yes, its my fault for having to many eyes watching,should have known

Last edited by mark20 on Tue May 21, 2013 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
mark us
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

you're a fool then and can't blame anyone but your stupid self, grow up kids

mark20
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And thats what I am talking about , trying to talk about something and having someone running their mouth off!!

clampdaddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like they say, "two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead".

southpull
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: rant Reply to specific post Reply with quote

someone should ban you from this site mark us. you are totally useless.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.