Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

David Bradley hay rake

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin koler

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a david bradley hay rake - and I am having trouble locating the correct teeth. Sloan sells some teeth for the rake but the specs are different than the teeth I have on the rake - ,mine are shorter no hook and the end and the coil is less than two inches. Sloan lists them as DB1 - any ideas where I can find / adapt teeth to fit -Thanks

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might give Moreta a call, 970-351-6400 in Greeley, Co. They handle a lot of iron parts.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a DB rake at the farm, but don't remember any extra teeth in the machine shed. Brother finally scrapped it out several years ago.

NEKS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had a DB rake when I was home as a 10 year old runt of a kid. Dad moved the levers down on the tongue. I couldn't move them when up on the rake let alone on the tongue. Just made the tongue heavy and in the way when hooking up. To me they seemed like heavy built levers to start with.

rankrank1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an A&I Products printout for all rake, baler, and tedder teeth. A&I Products is an aftermarket supplier.

A-DB1 (fits David Brown)
A-531727 (AC)
A-539754 (AC)
A-462978R1 (IH)
A-64562 (Ford/NH)
A-40917 (Ford/NH)
A-107058 (Ford/NH)

The others part #'s I listed look and mount very similarly but are different in certain dimensions. My best guess is that some other teeth may have made their way onto your rake if someone bought from say TSC or the like. Another possibility is that A&I decided to alter the part slightly to make one part fit 2 applications so it may no longer be an exact match to original but will still work in function.

Do some searching on line and see if you can find the "A&I Products rake teeth" in a *.pdf file format. It will have all the pictures and dimensions listed so that you can determine which one you want. Assuming you find that pdf on the web then please post back with a link. I printed my list about 3.5 years ago but I can not find the original source again for some reason.

Last edited by rankrank1 on Sun May 12, 2013 9:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Kevin Koler

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply - I am sure that the teeth I have are the ones that came with the rake - I have two different David Bradley rakes from different sources and both have the same teeth - the major hang up is the teeth they have listed have a hook on the end where mine are straight going through the bar to hold them in place.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just talked to my brother on the farm in ND; he said there might be a few new DB rake teeth still in the old machine shed but it would take awhile to find them if they are still there. He did scrap the rake many years ago as it was worn out in several places.

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Grandad got a DB rake during the war. It was the only rubber tired rake up to the early 60s around home. It was a good rake. I never used it, But dad did a few times.

GarryinNC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kevin, is this the type of tooth you are looking for? We have two DB rakes in the weeds. Would the used teeth be something you can use?
Garry

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He probably did not move them as they were on the toung from the factory as it was called a tractor rake on the wheel in line model, the offset wheel model that was the cheapest and most popular they were not on the toung tho but on the rake itself. The offset style was the most popular and the only other model wheel in line model that I have seen is the McCormick No. 5 rake and with those you could reach into the fence to pickup the hay where the offset model the wheel would hit the fence first and it would not reach the fence by a foot to pickup the hay.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First we need to determine the model David Bradley rake you have, does it have 4 wheels or is it the 2 wheel parrallel bar rake that was the last model they sold? They would have used different style teeth. Without that information it is impossible to be sure to get the correct style of tooth. Most are aware of the earlier 4 wheel style and do not know they even had the parallel bar rake. And it is very possible that the folks I work with would have it in their catalog, it is not a mainstream company but an Amish supplier. If you would want me to when I get there again check to see but would need a picture with measurements to tell for sure. We sold our 4 wheel offset wheel David Bradley rake back in 1981 so do not remember exactly what they looked like.

Kevin Koler

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep that is the style - would be interested in them - Kevin

Kevin Koler

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two wheels in front that drive the rake and two smaller trailers in the rear. the teeth look like the picture GarryinNC posted before your message - Kevin

GarryinNC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kevin,

email me gfoster at yadtel dot net

Garry

rankrank1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: David Bradley hay rake Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay if you do not luck out on any of those used teeth then I think the part number that you need from A&I Products would be A-T17350 based on the photo posted in this thread.

A-T17350 dimensions are:
a) 7.125" (tine tip end to bottom of coil spring)
b) 3.750" (Bottom of coil spring to the pin that goes into bar)
c) 2.187" (diameter of the coil spring)

Says it fits Case-IH rake 1953. Again see if you can find the catalog online or look at your dealers picture and dimensions.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters