Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6' offset disc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank (N.Mi.)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: 6' offset disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you guys think a Kubota 3240 diesel hydrostat tractor will pull a 6' double gang offset 14 or 16" disc in sandy loam soil OK? Tractor has weighted tires.

The horse farm where I work wants to till a field and I have the above disc. If it wouldn't work tho' it wouldn't be worth the trip to get it to the farm since it's about twenty miles...

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 6' offset disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my uncle has a 4240 Kubota 4x4 hydro drive, it works it pretty hard to pull my 3pt 71/2' tandeum on the hills, a offset should pull much harder but you may get by on flat ground if it is a heavy offset you may be biting of more than she wants cnt

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 6' offset disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It'll pull it just fine as long as you don't set the blades on the ground. When you decide to set it on the ground, make sure you've got 60+ PTO HP tractor in front of it. Preferably a gear drive. 80 hp would be even better. Offsets like to run at 5 to 5-1/2 mph and that takes power.

Rod

Tom-NoCenTX

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 6' offset disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it what they call an "offset disk" around here, that is 2 gangs, with front and rear turned at opposing angles, then it takes a minimum of 10 HP (rated at PTO) per foot of offset width. Therefore in your case 60 PTO HP rated tractor. Tom

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 6' offset disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Offset disks are heavy and pull harder. A typical regular disk it probably would pull.

You say offset, but you list fairly small blade size, so that is kinda in a questionable spot there....

Paul

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 6' offset disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

26's become 16's when you run them over enough rock... I dread the though but I'm going to have to re-blade the front of my offset next year. That's a 9' Taylor-Pittsburgh and I don't imagine it will be cheap.
I've seen some poor little 6' Bush-Hog offset's that look exactly as the OP described tho...

Rod

Frank (N.Mi.)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 6' offset disc Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL, I think that is what happened to this one, the farmers that used it "back in the day" were not exactly careful types. (three or four well chipped blades)I didn't exactly measure it or anything, that was my eyeball measurement of the blades tho' I do have a couple decades of carpenter experience so I know I am pretty close on the size they are now...they
could actually be twentyish . :)

Was afraid tractor wouldn't have enough umph, now I know for sure. Thanks to all for the input.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.