Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nh 411 discbine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
playin in the dirt

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently bought a new holland 411 discbine and am needing to change the oil in the cutter bar. Problem is my local dealer is telling I need the stand that came with it from the factory. The dealer does not have one and niether do I. Anyone out there now anything about this. I really want to change the oil in the cutter bar, I don't know how long its been since it was changed last. Any help is appreciated, but don't just tell me to take it to somewhere and have a professional do it. I work on my equipment because I don't trust someone else to do it right.

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 408, so the height may be different, but Showcrop has a 411, and may be able to help you! All you need is the height, and a few wood blocks will work just fine!
HTH, Dave

NEBeef
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you know the correct capacity for the bar, can you just drain it and refill it with the correct amount?

lfc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never used the stand. It took so long for the oil to equalize I found it was easier just to pour in the exact amount of oil - thinking it was 50 oz but check the manual to be sure. I usually engaged the LH transport lock, removed the cutterbar endcap, and set the machine back down to drain the oil. Helps if it is warm, and I"d let it drain for a few hours to make sure the oil from the other end of the cutterbar had time to drain.
Just changed the oil in the modules in my new H7230 this week for the first time. The individual modules might be great as far as oil contamination is concerned, but it takes a long time to change them all!

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have a stand but I could see from the picture in the owners manual that it is going to hold the left end up about nine inches so I just block it up like that. As lfc says warm it up good first.

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always used a block of wood under the left shoe.

playin in the dirt

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you know how much oil it holds?

NEBeef
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

playin in the dirt wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:56:17 05/25/13) Do you know how much oil it holds?

Wish I'd said that... Rolling Eyes

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes I've got the stand, but I haven't been able to get the plugs out! Surprised

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shetland Sheepdog wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:16:33 05/25/13) Rolling Eyes I've got the stand, but I haven't been able to get the plugs out! Surprised

Dave, are you using a metric wrench?

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope! Do I gotta?
May hafta go see my local "Snap-off" man!

Well, I found the part listing for 1 magnetic drain plug, but no size given & no check oil level plug listed! Dang!

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shetland Sheepdog wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:45:25 05/26/13) Nope! Do I gotta?
May hafta go see my local "Snap-off" man!

Well, I found the part listing for 1 magnetic drain plug, but no size given & no check oil level plug listed! Dang!

Yes it is metric, as is everything on the header. The rest of it is SAE.

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Makes sense, being made by Kuhn!
Put a bunch of miscellaneous parts on it a few years back, and had some red, some green & some orange! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Edit: Bought the red from NH dealer & the green/orange from JD/Kuhn dealer! Surprised

Last edited by Shetland Sheepdog on Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shetland Sheepdog wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:52:10 05/26/13) Makes sense, being made by Kuhn!
Put a bunch of miscellaneous parts on it a few years back, and had some red, some green & some orange! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Edit: Bought the red from NH dealer & the green/orange from JD/Kuhn dealer! Surprised

So Brian must be your JD/ Kuhn Dealer?

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: nh 411 discbine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ayup! But Jeff P in parts is the one I deal with most often!

Bought my 3910 from Sam back in the late 80's! Very Happy Came from Klem Tractor originally, and was traded for a JD 4x4.
Bought my 570 from Brian! Came from Brentwood originally, but was traded for a JD 348. Rolling Eyes

Now, I've got a MF/Vermeer dealer about a mile from the house! Wink

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.