Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problems with picture ads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rex Simpkins

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For some reasons all the pictures on this site load
for me on my computer except for the photo ads, this
just started anyone else ever have this problem????

JEH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rex Simpkins wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:46:46 05/26/13) For some reasons all the pictures on this site load

I just had the same problem, I use firefox browser. I had installed an add blocker that was stopping only the photo add section. Shut off add blocker and pictures loaded

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have blockers of filters turned on and all seems well. Firefox with updates. Jim

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JEH wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:01:51 05/26/13)
Rex Simpkins wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:46:46 05/26/13) For some reasons all the pictures on this site load

I just had the same problem, I use firefox browser. I had installed an add blocker that was stopping only the photo add section. Shut off add blocker and pictures loaded

I've got the same problem. I installed the ad-blocker for a very good reason and I am not going to shut it off. Just seems rather strange that I used to be able to see the pictures with the adblocker running, and now, after YT made some changes, I can no longer see them.

The security of my computer is more important than me being able to see some pictures, so I guess I just won't visit the picture ads anymore.

Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rustyfarmall wrote:

The security of my computer is more important than me being able to see some pictures, so I guess I just won't visit the picture ads anymore.

You should be able to turn off the blocker(s) just for this site and it's domains it uses. I also had to turn mine off for to get the photo ads.

Nebraska Cowman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rusty, you can leave the ad blocker running. Just
tell it to approve all ads from tractorshed.com (the
domain the ads are on)

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nebraska Cowman wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:35:40 05/26/13) Rusty, you can leave the ad blocker running. Just
tell it to approve all ads from tractorshed.com (the
domain the ads are on)

But I have never told it to block ANY ads from tractorshed.com.
If the photoads have been moved to a different domain, then I am concerned that by allowing the photoads to display, what else will I be allowing to access my computer?

Once again, the photoads used to work just fine. YT made some changes, and now the pictures do not display.

I have made NO changes or upgrades, so why do I need to change anything now?

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been using Internet Explorer since it was invented and have never had a significant problem. It is designed to run in Windows, and I don't understand why anyone needs a different browser. One advantage is that Windows and its components are upgraded when Microsoft needs to. I switched to the photo ads and it works fine. Also, I'm lost about the need to block unwanted ads. This site hasn't had advertising for at least 10 years. Some websites have a lot of junk on them, but if that is the case I simply go somewhere else and am not concerned with blockage.

Last edited by CNKS on Sun May 26, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rex Simpkins

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks fellows, thats what it was an Ad Blocker that
was unknown to me.

Nebraska Cowman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: problems with picture ads Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not going to argue with you Rusty.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.