Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wd45 Hydraulics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fife Lake Fritz
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: wd45 Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can someone draw me out a flow chart schematic. Of how to bypass my Hydraulic pump and control quadrant. I am planning on adding a seperate pump and spool and tap off the bottom of the hydraulic oil sump to control my rams. I've had problems with the rams holding still, and I'm hoping with a spool this will take care of this problem.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: wd45 Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Control of the arms should not be an issue if the 4 screws are properly adjusted for your end use. Generally if one adds a pump, they add a reservoir as well to make a separate system. Integral oil supply volume is relatively small but is enough for the rams and a high pressure remote. Add-ons are typically low pressure, high volume multiple cyl.

A low pressure pump could draw from the tractor reservoir, go through your new valve, and connect directly to your lift rams, but the low pressure would drastically reduce your lift capacity.

CTucker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: wd45 Hydraulics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fix the original system.
If you plan on using a different pump, plan on replacing the cylinders also. The Allis system is high pressure low volume and a new pump will most likely be low pressure , high volume. If you hook a new pump up to the old cylinders, they will move WAY too fast and have WAY less lifting power.
To disable the Allis valve, just disconnect the hose from the cylinder at the valve and plug the hole, keeping the left quadrant arm tied down to spare the pump and not waste power.
With a new pump, you would be WAY better off using the tranny and differential housing for your reservoir. The Allis hydraulic reservoir is too small for a low pressure high volume system.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.