Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MF 4253

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAYNE-N-TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: MF 4253 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't go on line and buy the "MF 4200 Series Tractor Work Shop Service Manual". Nothing in there that will help the average guy, in other words, a RIP OFF.

Not happy with ARGO at the present time.

All I need to know where's the location of the oil sending sensor. You might notice I'm not a mechanic, just own a MF 4253 cab tractor.

And no, don't care all the stuff about a manual & ETC.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 4253 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Buttttt.....Argo don't make Massey Ferguson tractors. They make Landini and McCormick tractors.
Sam

WAYNE-N-TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 4253 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I need to know something about MF, that's who I have to contact here in Texas. And don't use the contact us part of their forum, they blow you off.

And thanks for the info in the past.
Wayne

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 4253 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wayne you need to contact AGCOcorp.....A totally different company from Argo!
The oil pressure sender unit should be on the left side of the engine, somewhere between the dipstick and the bottom of the injector pump. It will be screwed into the block and have a wire attached.
Sam

gbs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 4253 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

try agco parts book online, click on guest user

WAYNE-N-TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 4253 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, I put the wrong name in there, I did check with them. I downloaded the service manual, nothing in there about the sending unit or where it's at. Today, I went back to the MF dealership and talked to the shop guys, not the pencil pushers, they couldn't understand why that info was not in THE book, same book I downloaded. Said it's on the left side near starter.

Well, I have all the side curtains off, the loader straight up for better vision. I've been under it, looking up, climbed up on the front wheels looking down. Nothing yet. With your last post, I'll check tomorrow.

I have ten old tractors that I work on, so I understand how they work, but not the new stuff I guess. Sorry to be a pain.

Wayne

WAYNE-N-TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: MF 4253 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yelp, had to remove a bracket and move the wiring harness to see it. I could see right above it and right below it, hid very well. Been working on this one item for over a week, and don't count the miles I've driven talking to the dealership. Hate to ask question over the phone. Thanks I'll buy a beer/soda one day.
Wayne

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.