Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MF 135 - runs but won't move ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ginsenger
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: MF 135 - runs but won't move ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 135 Diesel engine runs great but the tractor won't move.
When you start the tractor it runs fine with the clutch engaged.
However, as soon as you drop the clutch, the tractor bogs
down and quits. Any thoughts or advice appreciated. Thanks.

ed will
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 - runs but won't move ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,
Do you think the tranny may be stuck between gears? Ed Will

Ginsenger
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 - runs but won't move ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. Doesn't appear to be stuck between gears. When you drop the clutch it nudges forward if in forward gear or back if in reverse. Its like wheels are locked up and it cant move. I checked the brakes and they are mot locked as I was able to tow it in neutral. When this happened I was driving along with box blade up. All the sudden the blade dropped and she wouldn't move. I took the blade off thinking the hydraulics had failed and would be able to drive off. However when I took the blade off, it still wouldn't move. So bottom line is hydraulics won't come up and tractor won't
budge. Thanks.

Masseynut(Australia)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: MF 135 - runs but won't move ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sitting here, trying to piece this one together. The hydraulics fail, tractor locks up.
But the tractor is still towable when in neutral.
So I'd assume that a failed part has not dropped down from the lift(hitch) cover into the crownwheel/pinion, causing the drive train in the rear-end to lock up?
Before your problem occurred, did the hydraulics "drop like a stone" when the engine was shut down, if left in the raised position? Or did they suffer only slow creep?
When you start the tractor in neutral and engage the PTO, does the shaft still turn?
Let us know,
regards, Evan.

Ginsenger
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: MF 135 - runs but won't move ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the thoughts/?'s. not sure about your first ? On something dropping. Before this happened, the lift would drop slowly - by the time I would shut down the engine and walk around the tractor, the lift would be down. Not sure about the PTO working. I didn't check it. The guy I bought the tractor from has taken it to his garage and is taking a look at it. I'll let you know what the final outcome is. Thanks.

504-1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 - runs but won't move ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a shot in the dark, the coupler in the transmission broke?

Ginsenger
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 135 - runs but won't move ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Problem solved. It wasn't cheap but the tractor is fixed. The previous owner did the repair for me and graciously split the cost given the recent purchase. The problem was caused by a broken dipstick that wedged in the gears. The owner told me that when he purchased the tractor it didn't have a dipstick and he had to replace it. Turns out the original dipstick had been floating around in the oil pan for sometime. It was waiting for me to purchase the tractor. Ended up being a big job to tear it down and find the problem. Thanks to all you responded to this post. Take care.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters