Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ford 3000 clutch wont engage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_810
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a new one to me, using a box blade on my 3000, backed up, put it back in 1st and the clutch wont engage. The whole tractor has been rebuilt about 200 hrs. ago. Its been running great, didnt make any noise, just wont move. After leaving it running for 30 seconds or so the shifter will cause the grears to grind without pushing in the clutch. after pushing in the clutch and releasing it, nothing wont move, the clutch is stuck, disengaged. IDEAS?

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds more like shifter problems than clutch problems... bent shift fork or something like that, so in effect, you were still in neutral.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i wonder if his TOB could be sticking / binding?

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, that could be it, also.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

where's the xray vision when we need it. Smile

Andy_810
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know its strange, I hate the thought of having to split it again to find out what happened. The shifter works fine, its shifts into gear and tries to pull forward for just a second, same thing in reverse. Tried high / low but nothing. The shaft is turning but not enough, its like the clutch is just gone but its brand new and never been smoked. This tractor has a double clutch and the PTO shafts works and disengages when I push in the clutch. I wish there was a way to see inside.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, some more information... Now it sounds like a slipping clutch, although how suddenly it started is odd. Have you tried adjusting it? It does sound like a split is in your future...

Brian Allen
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: ford 3000 clutch wont engage Reply to specific post Reply with quote

andy_810
How much (if any) play to you have at the top of the clutch pedal?
This sounds strange to me on a new install, not sure what happened! Maybe off shore parts??
I would agree that a split is in your future.
Brian

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.