Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IH 1300 sickle mower questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff77Indy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: IH 1300 sickle mower questions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just purchased a 1300 and have some questions. This mower is missing the rear belt shield/guard. Is the dealer the best place to come up with this? Also this mower has the PTO shaft and hitch on the rear for a conditioner/crimper is the shield metioned above different or just cut out for the shaft?
I also saw a 1300 on E-bay with a hydraulic lift for the cutter bar that attached to the rear hitch can the cylinder bracket be purchased or will it need to be fabricated?
Last question as I don"t have a operators manual yet at what height off the ground should my 3pt be set for normal operation?
Thanks

NawlensGator
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 1300 sickle mower questions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had a 1300 sickle mower for about 6 years. I took all the sheet metal covers off to save because they were in excellent shape (looks almost brand new) and I don't really need them. It works fine without the covers. I had to lower the starboard side link on my 3 point to get the cutter bar to lay flat.

I don't use a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower the bar. I just get off the tractor and do it by hand. It's pretty simple.

I don't have any PTO connection on the back of the mower for any other equipment. Only PTO shaft is from the tractor to the mower.

I've looked for an owners manual and haven't found one. I have the parts manual and it has helped. That manual doesn't show the PTO takeoff you mentioned.

This mower works great on the river bank behind my house.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 1300 sickle mower questions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can look up parts at partstore.caseih.com on a lot of the IH stuff, and see if they're available from a dealer.

Shields aren't available as far as I can tell. Even if they were, they'd probably want more than the entire mower is worth.

Your only hope of finding an original is to find a junked mower somewhere with the shields still intact. Good luck with that, you're going to need it. Most of the mowers are like yours... Shields got tossed on the scrap pile the first time the belt needed replacing.

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 1300 sickle mower questions. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As for hitch height-set it so the PTO shaft is running level.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.