Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any more bearing stores around?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliver power
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use to buy from "TT Bearing" of Rochester NY. They are out of business. They were located on Trolly Blvd. Any other places to buy bearings. Use to be a place called "Motion Industries". I believe they too folded.

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Motion Industries may have closed their store local to you, but they are still around. Below is a link to their site. The place I use is Bearing Dist. They have several stores in NC, SC, and GA, but like most places can ship anywhere. I used to deal with the branch in Charlotte, but after many of the ones that had been there for years and years left, I don't have alot of faith in the new crew given my experiences with them thus far. That said one of the women went to their branch in Hickory. So, if you need someone that knows their business, and can find the old, odd, weird, etc, etc (((like she did for us for years)))) call that branch and ask for Stephanie. She really knows her stuff when it comes to their products.
Motion Industries

Bearing Distributors

oliver power
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes NCWayne, You are correct. Motion did not fold. They closed the store near me. Which I discovered after I posted. And I Thank You for the link to Bearing Distributors. We'll give them a try.

johnpop1

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kaman Bearing here in Albany NY has always had what I need.

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also there is BearingDepot.com. I have gotten bearings from them. Very helpful.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kaman had always been good for me. Surprisingly, my local NAPA store is real good on bearings.

As far as internet sales, I would stay way, way, waaaaaayyyy away from "The Big Bearing Store". What a nightmare!

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do business with Eastern Industrial Automation. They have no stores in NY but are in all the New England states. They are excellent on service, and will find you what your dealer cannot get.

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I too was a long time customer of TT Bearing on Trolley Blvd.

Since TT folded I've had very good luck with Kaman Industrial, (585) 254-3730 . Kaman is located nearby at 200 Mile Crossing Blvd (across Elmgrove Road from the former Kodak Elmgrove plant).

greygoat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Motion, should be THE BIGGEST in the U.S. but
they will often close unprofitable branch's.

Areo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've had good luck dealing with ABC. (Accurate Bearing Company). They are in Chicago area and Texas. You can get cheap bearings or better quality depending on what you need. Also some other related items.

Areo

GaryMA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bearings, Motion Control, Power Transmission, Pneumatics
www.ebatmus.com

CAROGATOR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just be aware, Bearing Dist. has a no refund policy and a minimum purchase. A $2.50 Item is still $10.00. NOTICE! At our local store, NO RETURN even if, they determine the part you need, and it is wrong.

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad that's not how it is here. I work next to a bearing shop so I can either have our purchasing gal call over if I know what I need, or I can just walk over during lunch.

I just got 2 bearings today for a sprayer pump. 62mm Od, 30 ID, and 24mm wide- $12. Probably not the cheapest, but no gas and no shipping has to be factored in as well. Plus I get the shop discount, and it comes off my pay check just like tools if I purchase through the shop.

Donovan from Wisconsin

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been doing business with Brng Dist for nearly 18 years, and Dad has been using them far longer than that. In all that time I have never heard of a 'no return' policy on anything, as long as it was still in the origional packaging and hadn't been used. Even then if you attempted to put on a belt, etc and found it didn't fit there was no issue returning it as long as it hadn't been in actual operation.

Part Time Pete
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Any more bearing stores around? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Troy bearing in Troy Ny is still pretty good. I'm not sure if they ship 518-274-2550
Pete

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.