Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcsp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well the weather has sure been interesting this spring here in north east Ohio, it was raining every 2 days we got a break this week 4 days hot sunny weather.

My hay was so high it took me a while to cut it down
hope everyone got theirs in too.

Last edited by xcsp on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great. It's been an interesting year. On another site I have been
following the hayin progress this spring and few are lucky. Either
no rain or a flood.

This week is perfect hayin for me weather wise, but the millet isn't
ready and will just have to wait. Going into the summer it might
not be to bad trying to get it up without getting rained on.

Mark

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just finished planting the last of the silage corn today,so I've got more to celebrate than you have.
I can finally devote full time to the last 100 plus acres of hay now.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All finished off in my part of Northern Ireland also, some people
have hay to make, but not much. I have a few round bales of
haylage to do this week of my longest narrowest field......3/4 mile
long x 30 feet wide, mowed it Saturday night, 3 runs of the mower.
Danged frustrating having to do that 3rd run and end up 3/4 mile
away from the gate!
LOL......Sam

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today I ran the crimper over our hay that was rained on 3 days in a row to help wring the water out and fluff it some. Hope to chop it tomorrow after a short day at work. I only cut about 8 acres, still got a little over 30 to lay down. Probably gonna be able to go later this week on that.

Hard to tell in the picture, but it'll launch the hay 5-6' in the air at about 2/3 throttle. At full speed, it'll throw it 8' or better in the air.

Donovan from Wisconsin

W_B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We just had five loads of 2nd cutting delivered and put up. My hay guy got 1st cutting off early so 2nd is early too, usually not in until mid to late July. Will get 3rd and maybe 4th if we get the rain needed (SE Ohio).

chevytaHOE5674
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Got my 1ST cutting done YAAAHOOOOO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our hay crop is the best looking crop that I've seen in many years, trouble is its been raining every 2nd or 3rd day so there hasn't been a window to get any done. From the looks of the forecast it will be another week at least.....

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters