Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M602 parts Water pump,Thermostat, and Fuel Gauge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blake Nelson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: M602 parts Water pump,Thermostat, and Fuel Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still working on grandpas old Diesel M602, Got it in the best shape its been in since he bought it back in the 70s. But my last few problems are its missing a thermostat, needs a water pump, and fuel gauge doent work.

Thermostat- i bought one from napa and the thermostat itself fits but the brass retainer is the wrong size and wont fit in the cast housing. So i need one of those if anyone has one laying around or knows a place that sells the right one. Were the diesels different from gas or something?

Fuel Gauge-
Would like the find one that is new to match all the other new gauges it has, and the old one doent move, also how do i test the sending unit to see if it even works.

Water pump- just need one that is in good shape, unlike this one with 2 missing fins and fins wore 1/4" into the bottom of the housing. Also any tips on how to remove that thing, it dosnt look all that simple to do.

If anyone could help me with anything on this tractor it would be very much appreciated.

Curt Cooke
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: M602 parts Water pump,Thermostat, and Fuel Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A fellow in MO is selling new gauges on e-Bay that I think will suit you.

The M5 diesel and gas had different thermostat/upper water manifolds. I suspect that the 602 was the same. Welters 417-498-6496, I would think can get you what you need for thermostat and water pump parts.

You'll need a press to get the pump apart which can be risky (breaking parts). Of course it's not near as stressful if you have new parts in your possession.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: M602 parts Water pump,Thermostat, and Fuel Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just curious but what color face is on your fuel gauge? I have a white face on my M602 and my M5 but have seen pictures in operators manuals that have ones with a black face and white lettering. I dont think Ive ever seen any of them that have MM on them like the other gauges.

cleddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: M602 parts Water pump,Thermostat, and Fuel Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have recent experence with M602 water pumps. They come off the engine easily by removing hoses and 5 studs to remove from engine. The hard part is the book says "Support tractor under engine and unbolt and slide radiator,front support and axle assembly forward.

The pump comes apart easy by unbolting back cover and removing collar on the shaft by driving roll pin out. Taking rotor off shaft would require a press and I don't know if or where you can buy that part.Maybe the kit comes with a rotor???

What I found you could buy a pump kit from a old MM service place(Agco parts) for $160.00-$170.00 or a completely rebuilt one for about the same amount ($170.00) I think the kit had a pump seal,bushing and a oil seal which I found some parts at McMaster-Carr supply that was the same for a total of $22.75 plus shipping. I rebuilt 2 pumps for way less than a new-rebuild one but did not need a new rotor.
Cleddy

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: M602 parts Water pump,Thermostat, and Fuel Gauge Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did do the water pump on my M5 a few years ago. I think I was JUST able to get the pump out without moving the radiator forward. Was the first one Ive ever done on those.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.