Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gauges from india

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indiana George
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has anyone bought any gauges from india?saw some on ebay , and they are real cheap.Any comments about them?
Thanks George

rankrank1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have not used any, but a few different posters on the other boards (Case and JD boards) have commented that the resistance values are all wrong and advised not to waste your money....

Kansasfarmer

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a tach for my 350 Farmall that works just fine. New made in India is better than 50+ year old made in US that might work.

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can get US made gauges from OEM Tractor Parts. I bought temp, amp and oil gauges from them last year. But I had to wait about 6 months for the oil gauge because OEM was out and the manufacturer was waiting on demand for the gauges to increase enough to make it worth their while. In the meantime I ordered one of the India ones, dial is slightly different but ok, may use it sometime.

ramtuff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got a tach for a d14 allis it was'nt worth a crap.I got back with him on it.He apoligized and sent me another,it was'nt worth a crap either,so I'm living with it.

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought an oil pressure gage made in India (or maybe Pakistan?) for my Super H at Tisco. It sometimes would stick at 20 psi or so after shutdown. Then it quit working entirely with with the hand stuck at mid-scale.

I replaced it with an American-made gage from OEM. That gage works fine. No more Indian gages for me....

The 300 guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a tack for my 300 and so far it has worked fine. It was painted and had a new mounting bracket with it.

Denny ('60 Lo-Boy)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

indiana george wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:13:20 06/28/13) Has anyone bought any gauges from india?saw some on ebay , and they are real cheap.Any comments about them?
Thanks George

You get what you pay for. Cheap = CHEAP

AG in IN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a box of twelve 20-0-20 amp gauges with an IH logo on them from a supplier that sourced them from India. They work. You have to figure that it's charging or discharging somewhere between the extent of where the needle flops back and forth 1/4th of an inch or so.

Anyone need eleven "restoration quality" garbage amp gauges? Laughing

AG

Last edited by AG in IN on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
D beatty
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a tach on my 450 made in India and so far its ok.

Damon K.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought a tach from him for my 560. Its off by 500 r.p.m. or better.
We contacted him to return it and he said they are all calibrated before they are sent out, so he says there is nothing wrong with it.
We put a new cable and distributer gear. Same thing of by 500 r.p.m.
They are junk, stuck with it now I guess. Thats what we get for trying to save a few bucks.
Damon

John G. Hasler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: gauges from india Reply to specific post Reply with quote

> You get what you pay for.

Want to buy a bridge? Price is not a guarantee of quality in either direction.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.