Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlenT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hate to do it, but I"m getting tired of replacing the diaphrams in my two 630 Automatic Shut-off fuel filters after today"s gas has wrecked them and have been considering replacing them with All-Fuel filter/sediment bulb assemblies P/N AA5334R. I would expect that the threaded part of the All-Fuel assembly would fit my gas gas tank but would like to make sure before buying one?

Also, has anyone replaced the glass bowl in an aftermarket assembly with a genuine JD bowl and did it fit okay? If so, where did you buy the aftermarket assembly? I don"t want to be stuck with a broken bowl in the future and can"t find a replacement. Thanks.

MSD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Todays" gas shouldn't be the problem. I haven't had a problem with any of mine for the last 5 years. It's more than likely the diaphragms your using that are not compatible. Get the original Deere one's and they will last.

GlenT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are original JD. They were replaced in August 2008 so maybe you will also need a change soon.

D-
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tired of replacing them after five years???
Gas is not the problem since they probably didn't last any longer back in the day.
When you fill your engine with gas you will regret your decision.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine didn"t last that long a couple sets O Deere diagrams,,I got a sediment bowl assembly at TSC, and put a 1/8th" ball valve on the out side to make it easy to turn off,,end of the problem...

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine didn"t last that long a couple sets of Deere diagrams,,I got a sediment bowl assembly at TSC, and put a 1/8th" ball valve on the out side to make it easy to turn off,,end of the problem...

D-
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That would work. Just wouldn't want too change w/o a way of shutting off gas.
Glen T did say 2008 that's pretty good.

Frank 41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I replaced mine with the lever type bowl and hooked the oil line back together. You will need a new fuel line to the carb. Peace of mind is well worth changing it out from original.

John VB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Replacing 630 Automatic Fuel Shut-off Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got one for my 620 at TSC. It was a sediment bowl with a butterfly valve. Think I had to get one adapter at the hardware store. Works great.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.