Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

? for Tx Jim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
usetob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim, on a 457-S, every time I dump a bale, I get a errow code E4-31 ( oversise bale) even if I make a half bale I get the same code! Yes I.ve went by the book, and had JD out & they can"t figue it out eather! I would appreciate your input!

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My experience with a 457 is very limited as only a very,very few were sold in my area. First thing I'd suggest is changing the bale size indicator switch. Maybe JD Seller,Tech 7 or some other knowledgeable person will chime in. Do you have a neighbor with a 457 that you could try a test of using their monitor??
RE261355 Sensor ADD 92.82 USD

Last edited by Tx Jim on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
usetob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jIM, WE DID PUT A NEW SWITCH ON AND DOUBLE CHECKED IT! sorry caps lock! Do you know anyone that could help, you were my last chance!!

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not your last chance as there are many knowledgeable people on this site. Are all the pins in the electrical connection between tractor pointing straight out so as to make good connections?? Email JD Seller as he rarely visits the JD forum. I talked to him on the phone yesterday about my 467 "thanking him personally" for explaining to me how the netwrap senses the wrap application function. Sorry but I'm not at liberty to reveal his phone number.

Last edited by Tx Jim on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the oversize alarm go off before bale is ejected??

usetob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The alarm only goes off afre I eject the bale!
What is jd seller"s e-mail address?
thanks again

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

usetob wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:48:50 07/03/13) The alarm only goes off afre I eject the bale!
What is jd seller"s e-mail address?
thanks again

Here it is. jd_seller at yahoo dot com I hope he doesn't mind me doing this.

Last edited by Tx Jim on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
lscott
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim i see your replys, helping with J.D. balers, I have posted earlier today with problem i have with a 535 J.D. baler, the hyd. pump was leaking and i would have to fill resovoir after tying every 4th bale, i replaced the pump and it will work but the belt will be smoking hot just tying one bale,and belt will be ruined tying 2nd bale. whatching the pump when tying starts, every thing looks good then as arms start back to home position pulley on pump is struggling to turn and belt is slipping,as if the fluild is dead headed and can"t return,well thats what i"m thinking, I hope you can help me i don"t know what to look for.
Larry
North Texas

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The hyd's on JD rd baler twine application is fairly simple as far hyd's are concerned.
Filter can get plugged
Spool valve can get dirty/rusty therefore not totally shifting each direction.
Speed control valve(parts key #14aAor B 2nd photo) orifice can get a speck of dirt in it. Try opening valve completely(CCW) and cycling twine arm
Have you been faithfully greasing zerts (parts keys #23 & 24)?
Check orifice(parts key #13) in hyd cyl for plugging as it contains a screen.
Does tying mechanism release tension on belt after tied bale is ejected and tailgate is closed??????????

Are you aware that you can cycle twine arms by raising bale size indicator to 3+ with pto running then pull rope to cycle twine arms

Last edited by Tx Jim on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:51 am; edited 2 times in total
lscott
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for info, i will check orfice at cly #13, the tension on belt does release after opening and closing door.As for operataing pump with the 3ft. bale indicator in window, i have but do i use the door lock when doing this are just raise it, just raising door up and holding open with hyd. is what i"ve been doing and manually engaging pump.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lscott wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:44:09 07/04/13) As for operataing pump with the 3ft. bale indicator in window, i have but do i use the door lock when doing this are just raise it, just raising door up and holding open with hyd. is what i"ve been doing and manually engaging pump.

Either way is fine

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: ? for Tx Jim Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lscott
I just thought of something does tying system reset when gate is closed after ejecting a bale IE does belt have slack in it??

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.