Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CO-OP B-1 serial numbers and paint information needed-

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ol' Gimpy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: CO-OP B-1 serial numbers and paint information needed- Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to jboyer1028 I see what a CO-OP B-1 tractor looks to be from new. No doubt of you guys can tell me more-from what I can find by the Avery Club serial number information,there was no set of serial numbers set aside for CO-OP production,unlike the Wards Twin Row for example. Now,for what I can see by the picture,I figure the B-1 was painted CO-OP red,and the hood accents/stripes were CO-OP yellow?? On a different take,I"ve heard some CO-OP production took place in Canada?? Is this true,perhaps? Seems to be a lot of missing information regarding these tractors. Would really appreciate any inputs from any of you. Perhaps jschweibert or dc311hc could email me?? Or post here? Email should be open-or use olgimpy50@yahoo.com . Thanks in advance,Guys!! Have a great 4th of July!!

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: CO-OP B-1 serial numbers and paint information needed- Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dupont has this paint orange paint code for the later CO-OP's. No serial number is given. Hal

MAR90T-22014

dc311hc

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: CO-OP B-1 serial numbers and paint information needed- Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know of any B1's made in Canada.The General which is the same tractor were build by Cletrac in Cleveland, OH . Massey Harris sold the General in Canada in 1939 &40 & were badged build for Massey Harris. Co-op sold the General tractor in 1939 as the model G . later sold as Co-op's model B1. B1's were Co-op red & decal as Growers Co-op Union printed on side of hood,also decal with Co-op {arrow shape}. It depends which state IN or MI they were sold I believe IN was the arrow shape . I am not sure if the Co-op B1 had data plates stating made for Co-op, some B1's had a separate brass plate. My Wards Twin Row has serial # withthe Generals.I could be wrong info is limited &
confusing.

Ol' Gimpy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: CO-OP B-1 serial numbers and paint information needed- Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had hoped to hear from you,sir. Thanks for your information-now,does your "Twin-Row" have the "M-W" at the front of the grille,and I hear they also had it on the back of the gas tank?? My "Twin Row" advertising literature only shows the front.I doubt if commercial decals available have that "MW" in the sets.

dc311hc

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: CO-OP B-1 serial numbers and paint information needed- Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My tractor is a 1940 & it has WARDS TWIN ROW on hood sides & MW on grill & gas tank. Found the original decals under the second paint job during sanding hood & tank. drew drawings of decals & had made close as possible, but that was 1998.

Ol' Gimpy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: CO-OP B-1 serial numbers and paint information needed- Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to all that provided information-this site has a lot of helpful folks,makes checking the site a daily "Must Read". Sure is a lot of twists and turns regarding these tractors,to say nothing of WW 2 intervention. I have a couple of different advertising booklets made for the Wards Twin-Row,and they show a different decal,perhaps changed at the serial number break?? The 1940 edition shows Wards Twin Row,the 1941 version shows just Twin Row. Happy Collecting!!!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.