Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

truck insurance

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A lot of you guys have f350 trucks with a flat bed or a bed similar. Can you recommend an insurance company that is reasonable. The company I have my car insurance with does not insure a truck with a flat bed or hoist.

D beatty
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know what state you live in but Indiana Farm Bureau Ins. did.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have a dump turck, however I do have a business. My problem is all insurance companies I talk to want everything, house, car, truck, business. Finding an insurance company that will insure commercial property is a real hassel, some won't even talk to me.
George

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have all my personal insurance with State Farm. My 1T, Dodge Flatbed is 250.00 a year for full coverage.

JOCCO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are local use an have some type of farm then lool at Farm bureau, Countryway, and other farm specialtie insurance. Full commercial If you go out of state, have a company etc is very high.

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you do find a co that will insure your truck move your car over to them.

Jeff NWOH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got my Topkick insured with Motorists Mutual. Not really cheap, but about the best deal I've found. I've got everything else with allstate, but they don't do trucks over 10, 000 gvw.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JOB, State Farm Has been more than fair with me Good price. at present 4 rigs,,2 F-series P-ups, 1 Expedition, 1 Car, Full Coverage! OBTW....1 Teen in the mix too!
Later,
John A.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have all of our insurance including 3 flatbed 1 tons insured with Auto Owners. You will find cheaper, but not better insurance. They have treated us well for many years.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Exactly! Loyalty will provide benefits in the long run that far exceed a few pennies saved by price shopping everything to the inth degree.

tg in VA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check your local Farm Bureau, they have all my vehicles (4 trucks & 5 trailers). I have my home and farm insured elsewhere.

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In resality loyality with/to an insurance company is a one sided affair. Over the years I've seen both friends and family run into that very thing when they actually had a cause to file a claim after years and years with the same company. In the end the 'pennies' saved by shopping around for better rates over the years would have, in some case, paid for the repairs needed and not caused them to have a 'small' claim that gave the insurance folks a reason to raise their rates through the roof. Even worse are the larger claims that give them a good excuse to cancel them all together becauser they actually had to pay out money to cover what they were insuring. In all cases only loyality was customer to insurance because on the other side they did only what they had to do by the policy and even then whatever they could do not to have to do that....

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got my service truck insured through a local agent with Erie. Too, last year I transferred everything else, home (our house and our rental house), personal auto, and business liability to them also. In every case they provided better coverage and in the end saved me nearly $700 per year between them all.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are correct, I should have said loyalty to the right company. I was loyal to State Farm and got the shaft big time from them. Opposite to that and your experience is Auto Owners. We write a big check every 6 months to Auto Owners and believe me loyalty carries weight there.

CAROGATOR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: truck insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George, try Sentry Select Ins. Co. I had my tucking company insured with them for 25 years and actually saw rate reductions several times at renewal. Even one year when 1 driver had several wrecks that were his fault. Were originally John Deere Ins. Co.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.