Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snails , Snails, and more Snails.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With rain for 27 of the 30 days of June, we are over run with these critters. You can't take a step anywhere outside the house without stepping on them. Cars going up the road sound like they have studded tires on them. They are climbing the sides of the house and buildings, and devowering our garden. We can't apply Seven or sluggo, because it rains several times each day. If the sun would come out it would cook these things, but the forcast has no relief in sight.
I'm glad that I am on high ground, as the Mohawk Valley just to our north is a total mess, and the rain keeps coming.
We are going to throw a party here on the 4th. Fresh pick your own RAW and BARBACUED SNAILS. LOL
Loren, the Acg

LeonardWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ACG,start gathering them and find a recipe for escargot and serve them that way. Have had it and it's not to bad.

Leonard

RN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lots of rain and lots of snails-- time for a flock of Muscovy ducks, they"ll be fat and happy with both situations. RN

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never seen them here, but up the road a piece, as the saying goes, at a friends farm in pittstown, same darned thing. Not sure what the deal with these things are. Glad to be on high ground too, we got cheated on the longest days of the year with this weather, I hope that darned jet stream changes soon!

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Slug and snail death
Works for me.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Escargot... Parlez vous francais ? Hows them broken ribs oing Loren ? Did a similar thing back in April. I fell on a pail, here are months later, and sometimes it still feels like someone is poking me in the ribs with a pool cue. Bruce

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That stuff is CHEAP!

Phil Scarborough
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In a country with the finest steaks in the world, why would anyone eat snails? Phil

rd 2N in mo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

an empty bean can with your favorite brew about 1 1/2 inch deep. Looks like you will need a case or more.

JD John
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take them and roll em in flour, fry em in some butter and if you could find some maple syrup dip em in that! Just like candy, would make good snack while cuttin firewood! HeHe
John

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A chunk of venison jerkey fits in my belly better than those slimemy things.
Loren

omahagreg
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Overheard a police man talking with a snail after being run over by a turtle. I am not sure officer, it all happened SO fast!

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bruce,
I'm getting along. It is a real bummer when I sneeze. Broke down and took two Advil's this morning. The family thought I should go to the hospital, but I refuse to spend a day letting them poke and prod and answer stupid questions twenty times,wasteing my time and charge another 10 grand for their services. The hospital is a internationalaly renounded teaching hospital, and I don't apreciate the BS from interns that I can't even understand. When I was in overnight last spring, all they did was change my meds, some of which didn't work out. No Damed wonder Medicade/Medicare is going broke. Can't wait till the OC plan goes into effect in Oct. and costs double.
Loren

greygoat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They carry internal parasites! Animals eating
them, along with grass, can get worms and
diseases...probably people can too.

Frank 41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Snails , Snails, and more Snails. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look into DIATOMACEOUS EARTH.NET, it is suppose to work on ants, etc. I just got some but have not used it long enough. Bad part is that it will dissove with rain. Check it out on the net.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.