Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

870 Face Lift Step by Step.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This took me 5 working days start to finish. The sheet metal parts were painted a year or so ago. It was time to finally get this job done. I did not think to take a pic before I started. Almost complete, waiting on a couple decals to be made. These are great lookin tractors, classic styling from over 4 decades ago. I like them better than the newest stuff. Rod.

T970

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod you sure do a nice work bring Case tractor's back to life. Wish I could get my 970 to look that nice maybe some day.

jim_uny
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice job ! great pics

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

another great job Rod I agree on the look and design of the 70 series they truly were "Jet Age" tractors well ahead of their time they sold themselves I loved them from the first look I got of them in 1969, I see you added "Old Abe" to the wheel center as well nice touch talk soon
cnt tom

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,nice look'en job...........so my question is what is it' going to do when it leaves the shop? thank-you for sharing. No doult you have the "touch" for restorsion. Can't wait ta see the next one.

Paul A Young
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a twin to yours!!My least favorite part of the restoration on those old tractors is painting those d#mn front rims!! Looks very nice!!

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It sure looks nice Rod. What happened; did you catch the painting fever? HeHe.
We need some sort of a compuker geek to combine all the pics of our early 70 seties tractors into one pic. all lined up.
Loren

Harvey2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You do good work, I wish that I had the patience to get something to look that nice.
One question; The jack stands you are using, aren't they kinda wobbly with no more surface area where they sit on floor and under the tractor?
Just wondering, i'm not trying to nit-pick.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ROD,
Classic Beauty! Those 70 series sure were good looking tractors. Nice to see one that looks better than new. Don

B-maniac
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great job,Rod, and as anyone having been in the bussiness knows, it's your own stuff that is allways last to get done because it doesn't pay the bills. ONE QUESTION? is there a supplier for the dash and console lettering on these old beasts? I think the originals were painted but on open station they are pretty much all gone. Thanks. RB

PatsySD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice job Rod!! I can see your dash decals, where did you get them? Also wonder if you have the shift console decals. I have an 870 gas that I want to do exactly what you have done here. Again, she looks great!

Red Oak
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is for Case Nutty. I have been a regular follower of the dase discussion forum for a number of years. Own a half dozen Case tractors from the 60"s and my brother has a bunch more. I am in Lander, WY at a wedding an was entertaining the possibility of stopping and seeing your collection on the way back on Tues. or so. Realize this is very short notice and not sure how to reach you other than through here. Will be at this motel through tomorrow morning and could be reached through this site to connect. Hope to hear from you somehow. Thanks

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As you can see they are just sleeves welded together. They actually set firmly on the floor. I am doing the painting and work here. I know not to push on the tractor. However I would never let anyone else work on the tractor when supported like that. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the good comment Patsy. The decal set for the earlier tractors was still available from CASE IH a couple years ago when I rebuilt the dash and console. Order part no. 321-3104 and the set you get will have everything you need. I think the price was around $35. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: 870 Face Lift Step by Step. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for comment, please read previous note. Rod.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.