Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg Bird
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My sickle bar is in need of a pitman rod bearing. I have searched and have come up completely empty. The bearing has number 206j stamped on it. Anyone have a clue where to purchase one ?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take it to a good parts store. Be sure you take the inner and outer race and all of it that you can find.

Greg Bird
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've done all that and no one can cross it over. Even bearing incorporated.

The inner race is longer than the outer race. For sure a specialty bearing.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a cage bearing. Has a number of bar looking parts that roll??? I also guess you tried Case/IH already right???

Greg Bird
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The outer race is 15.90mm wide.
Diameter is 61.98mm

The inner race is the odd ball. 52.43mm wide.
Diameter is 41.10mm

Inside of inner race for the shaft is 25.34mm

The inner race is non-removable as it is milled for the bearing "balls" to roll in the groove. Oh, I could beat it out but what's the point. She's shot. Just an example of how it's made.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It crossed over for me. It says SKF made the bearing
originally. Try looking at a BCA 1206 or Timken 1206.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That"s kind of odd. I looked the parts diagram up and those
measurements don"t seem to match the bearing that CIH sells.

Greg Bird
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Napa could cross over to the 1206 but it sure isn't like what I have. No one has seen anything like it. It's the inner race that's making it an oddball. Inner race is 2" wide

I posted a picture of the bearing on Facebook. My name is Greg Bird from West Virginia. Please take a peek.

Thanks

Greg Bird
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I suppose the 1206 bearing would work, just gotta make up the play in the bearing holder. I suppose the holder they chose to use determined what bearing they used back in the day.

TractormanNC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to your "local" CIH dealer. It may or may not still be available.

That is a very special bearing that IH used when they changed from a bronze bushing in the pitman to the ball bearing. IIRC the ball bearing was an option when first introduced. They apparently did it this way so they could use the same crank pin for both the bushing and the bearing.

If you can match up everything wut the width of the inner race, you could have some spacers machined to take up the space.

Greg Bird
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know of an International dealer in the area. I have searched high and low online but no luck. I would go backwards and use the bushing if I could find one.

Thanks for your info.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall 100 Pitman rod bearing Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I done some more looking and according to the CIH parts diagram the cone was a 651818R91 originally which crosses over to a LM67048 and the cup was 651817R1 which crosses to LM67010. Take a look at those and see if they might work for you.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters