Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White 550

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbyfarmer71
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guys, here is the some info on the White 550 I posted about a few days ago.

Model #515-21079

Serial #259-269-482

Any info from these numbers would be greatly appreciated.

I'll see if I can post pic's from my phone, if not, they'll have to wait until I get home.

Mark

Hobbyfarmer71
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe a few more pic's.....

Would any one have a pic of the linkage for the hydraulic valve or maybe a lead on where I could get the missing pieces? (Good luck, I know). Maybe with a pic I can make them.

Thanks again.

rustyplow
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got the sister to it here. I have the 6 forward, 2 reverse though. Your serial # makes it a 1975, the last year for the 550. Yours is bout 120 older than mine. Is there anywhere on yours that says 550. Still haven't figured out if it's a 550 or a 2/44. You got this off of saginaw craigslist? We must be close. I'm 30 miles east.

Hobbyfarmer71
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Rustyplow,

You say the ad I take it. Did you go and look at it? I thought it was a 1975 based on the serial # but I wasn't 100% positive. No, I have not seen seen 550 or 2-44 for that matter any where on it. I currently live in Saginaw township, but the farm is up in Linwood.

30 miles east??? Caro/Cass City area? Thanks for the pic's by the way. That helps me out.

kwf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was built as a Cockshutt 550 on 3-25-75.

Hobbyfarmer71
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you kwf. How did you find out that information?

OliverNate
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lookin at the trans shift pattern would this tractor be setup like an old 70 where they locked out gears?

Farmritch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: White 550 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some of them were called Whites I think actually they ran out of Cockshutt stickers.
I was going to comment that it was sold in Canada first
It has the other transmission that was available
They called it a shuttle transmission

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.