Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9700 aircondition-blower problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry B. 1486
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was bush hogging with my 9700 today, 98 degrees out today, and the air quit. Sweated it back to the shop and started to check things out. My first thought was a fuse. Checked the fuses under the dash and all are good. I put a new blower switch in last year so I checked the plug on the switch to make sure had a good connection. All good there. Is there a cab switch, like a solenoid switch on there tractors? also, how does the top lid come off the top of the cab to get access from the top? Any ideas and help appreciated.

jbirnsch
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To take the top roof off you need a set of metric wrenches/sockets. There are 5 bolts total. One in the front middle of the roof , 2 on the sides of the roof, and the 2 rear light brackets with the one bolt holding it on. Once the bolts are removed you need to people to tip up the front. There is a rod that holds up the roof up like on a car.

To gain access to the blower you need to remove the plastic cover from the AC evaporator housing. Motors go bas=d as we have had to replace the one in our 8700 2 times so far but there is 11,400 hours on it.

Also check the fuse block for bad connections on the back of it.

Bern
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you stand on the hood, you only need one person to lift the lid. That's how I always did it.

John_PA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can lift it up by myself, from the left(correct) side of the tractor. I just stand on the fueling platform and get it up so high, and use a piece fo wood to get it up enough to put the prop rod down.

What I have found is that Abilene Machine has everything you need.

Did your fan quit working?

That blower is easy to change with the roof up.

Good luck with that.

I will have my 9700 roof open in the next couple days. I will post pics of the whole thing if you want.

Larry B. 1486
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the fan quit working. I am wanting to check out the blower. Some pictures would be helpful. Thanks Larry

mike2366
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check to make sure that the fuse did not get hot and warp the element inside so as to lose contact. That has happened on our 9700 more than once. Usually means it is pulling too many amps (fan motor going bad)

Bern
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike,

If the fan motor was pulling too many amps, the fuse should blow.

The reason the fuse holder melts is because the fuse contacts rust and/or corrode, creating resistance which creates heat, thus melting the solder on the ends of the fuse caps. The reason other fuses don't melt this way is because no other circuit in that fuse box draws that much current. Heat buildup because of resistance is in direct proportion to current flow.

I repair this by yanking the two wires from the back of the fuse box and connecting them to a 30-amp circuit breaker.

sotxbill
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

power relay behind dash/next to flasher unit/ is bad.. check it as it will provide power to blower fuse. I cut out the old style relay and replace with modern relay on these.

Larry B. 1486
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 9700 aircondition-blower problems Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sotxbill. I looked under the dash and I see the fuse block on the left side. Where is the relay from the fuse block? Can I get to it from under the bottom of the dash like the fuses? Thanks Larry

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.