Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ferguson horseshoe drawbar on ebay?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rusty nut
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: ferguson horseshoe drawbar on ebay? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

was this really meant for the ferguson tractor?and if so what model would it fit?I have TE20,would it work on my tractor,what is a fare price for it?thanks for any info you can give me.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson horseshoe drawbar on ebay? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes this unit was meant for the Ferguson TO20 TO30 TO35 F 40. I think it would fit the TE series also along with the MF35. Now the problem: there were two styles made and almost the same. The bars that attach to the horseshoe were produced in two lengths, one for most of the tractors and a longer length for the high crops like the F 40 Hi. The top part attaches to the back under the rocker and uses the long hinge pin to secure it. If it does not have the part that goes under the rear axle and the actual drawbar I wouldn't want to give more than $75. If it is all together I would say $175 if it is ready to be mounted on your tractor. There is a pin that holds the drawbar to the part under the rear axle and that pin is missing most of the time. However thanks to Gene Kruse that pin is now available to complete the drawbar.

Bob (Aust)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ferguson horseshoe drawbar on ebay? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess you are talking about this:

ferguson tractor horseshoe drawbar rare

Helps if you post a link...........

Maineman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ferguson horseshoe drawbar on ebay? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And a he haw salute goes out to Ashley falls, Massachusetts! Population 817! I lived in mass most of my life and never heard of it!

Joe

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ferguson horseshoe drawbar on ebay? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Ashley Falls was one of those places New York gave to Mass in the colonial days because of uncontrollable moonshiners or something like that.
That is an interesting well designed swinging drawbar, but my piggy bank is empty once again. And like Richard sez, it looks to have a couple strategic pieces missing for that price.

Tim Daley(MI)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: ferguson horseshoe drawbar on ebay? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unsure if it is the Fergie one -bracket looks to be an 8N Clevis. there's also a welded top cross-piece so that lessens price alone. Check your diffy case underneath for a bolt pattern to fit that mounting bracket first B$ buying...

Tim 'PloughNman' Daley(MI)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.