Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MF 2775 first reverse parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkloepping
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: MF 2775 first reverse parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a MF 2775 in pretty good shape, with the 24 speed transmission. It's a very late model, so it has all the updates. Unfortunately the guy before me had the first and reverse go out. To solve that he bungeed the shift lever until the shift fork was eaten through. I was hoping it would be a quick fix, and the input section is in great shape except for the three gears that control 1st and reverse. Trouble is, at the prices MF is asking, just those few pieces are over $2500. I've heard that these models are popular with the tractor pulling crowd, so maybe someone here knows where cheaper parts can be had?

Masseynut(Australia)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: MF 2775 first reverse parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agco will always want a small fortune for ANY of their parts.
Try the "A & I" website. They may carry aftermarket parts for your tractor.
Just a thought,
Evan.

moresmoke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: MF 2775 first reverse parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try Meyers salvage in Aberdeen, SD.

Holm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 2775 first reverse parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a complete rearend from a 2805 with a good power shift I would sell for $2500. Northern IL

jkloepping
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 2775 first reverse parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I took the clutch packs apart, and unfortunately a few plates are beyond repair, so now it looks like I need a used complete input section if anyone out there has one.

Dieseltech
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 2775 first reverse parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last one I had apart found some parts at Anderson's in Bluffton Ohio. Agco still had all the seals for the 3 speed assembly at that time.

jkloepping
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: MF 2775 first reverse parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

holm wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:20:17 07/21/13) I have a complete rearend from a 2805 with a good power shift I would sell for $2500. Northern IL

Can you call me or send me a pm? I'm interested. 707-338-4901

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.