Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

135 Multi-power?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: 135 Multi-power? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has anyone had their Multi-power go out of adjustment from loader hoses going across the actuator? My MP always worked great and now it doesn't like to pop into high but does sometimes. The hoses for the loader go across the front of the trans. I also have a cab on the tractor so being by myself I couldn't see how far the linkage is moving. I read that using it in low for too long isn't good for it despite what the manual says. Any insight is appreciated.

Masseynut(Australia)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: 135 Multi-power? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the hoses have fouled on the shift mechanism or rod, it's possible you may have bent some part of it. A visual check will determine if this is the problem.
Check for any play or slop in the linkage and rectify as necessary.
Adjustment of the travel is carried out on the rod that "disappears" into the top of the transmission. You will notice a small 7/16" bolt and nut that "clamps" the shift lever to it. Slacken the bolt and nut, and alter the position of the lever, either way, until the travel is sufficient to engage both hi and lo,
Evan.

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: 135 Multi-power? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! I don't think anything is bent just the hose might have got on top of rod and maybe caused it to go out of adjustment? I'm going out today so hopefully someone can work the lever so I can take a better look. I haven't run the tractor too much like this and I read on here it's not good to run in low for long periods. With the loader uprights and the cab it's a little harder to get at the mechanism.

DavidP, South Wales
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 135 Multi-power? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi,
High rang MP should be used as much as possible mainly for the implication of not having 'engine braking' in MP low.
When in MP low the MP clutch plates are spinning in the clutch drum. Although the drum is immersed in oil the plates can become 'dry' and wear and overheat. If you have to use MP low for any length of time it is advisable to shift to MP high occasionally. This will keep the plates lubricated.

DavidP, South Wales

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.