Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Sherman Trans fits?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Not so old Todd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Which Sherman Trans fits? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Working on helping Old Jim fix his Ford 600. Decided we will not find an output shaft for a Sherman Trans in a Ford 600 anytime soon. Question is will any 10 spline Sherman from an N series fit the 600? Or can we take the Output shaft out of an N w/ sherman and put that into what I think is a third Gen Sherman in the 600. My understanding from Smith's site is yes, but thought you guys might know for sure before I go searching.
Thanks for all your help,

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Sherman Trans fits? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two days and no replys.
And I'm not much help with the Hundreds.
Ask over on the N Board.
You might at least get some info.
Ford N Series Board

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Sherman Trans fits? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sold a Sherman out of a 1956 600 the guy put it in a 8N with no modifications...

cdmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Sherman Trans fits? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With the kind of prices they are expecting for a Sherman, I might be tempted to take one of mine out and sell it to you. I have an NAA that"s split right now. Don"t know if it"s what you need? Have another one with a bad cluster gear.

Tony Jacobs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Sherman Trans fits? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Todd , What is wrong with your output shaft now ? I can probably fix yours post some pictures or email me . Thanks Tony

Not so old Todd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Which Sherman Trans fits? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay, I was out in the woods for a few days. The shaft has broken teeth, unforrtunatley, it's also back inside the tractor for now just to get it out of the barn until we can get the part.

Not so old Todd
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Which Sherman Trans fits? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are all over the map. $350 to $1000 reconditioned.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.