Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some peoples kids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
504-1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rust is really GOLD.
F 20

Old weldor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He doesnt have a clue!

Charlie M
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sad part is when nobody pays that price he will send it to scrap for a whole lot less money.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What would you think, $400 for tractor, $200 for plow?

Tom Fleming
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, the kid is a little off base (about double) but let's break this down. Late model F-12 - and it looks pretty complete. Scrap, $400. To a collector looking for a reasonable restoration? About $500 in my neck of the woods. The Little Genius plow? Scrap $150. If complete and not all rusted away at the wheels, that is a $300 item. Sickle bar mower, looks complete. Scrap. $150. To someone looking to restore or parts, $300+ if all there and decent condition.

So, his price is overboard for sure, but if all decent and relatively complete, that is a $1100 set. If you doubt me, ask anyone at RPRU what some of those things were sold at or priced at.

I know that everyone finds something for a really low price every once in awhile, but these things are becoming rarer ever day due to the scrap man. Consider what you would be willing to pay for that sickle bar mower if you we're restoring be and needed the gear box. How much would you pay? In all my years of fixing and collecting, I have NEVER seen very many F-12 mower parts here in western PA. If I were closer, I would definitely chat with the guy, an make him an offer better than the scrap an, but definitely less than what he is asking.

Last consideration. If someone were to dismantle all this, and sell parts individually, the total would probably exceed what the guy is asking.........of course your labor to disassemble is "free".

IMHO.

Last edited by Tom Fleming on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
dej(Jed)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dreams are healthy. Keep on dreaming...Your prices aren't in the realms of the real world.

Tom Fleming
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whose? Mine or the kid's? LOL!

muleboss
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Tom Fleming"](

So, his price is overboard for sure, but if all decent and relatively complete, that is a $1100 set. If you doubt me, ask anyone at RPRU what some of those things were sold at or priced at.

Usually a lot of difference what things are priced at and what they are sold at.

Tom Fleming
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Some peoples kids Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well, I am about done posting on this one, but I will say this. You guys out west are lucky. We DON"T have F-30's commin' out our ears here in PA. We also have rain/humidity that is unbelievable in the summer months. What F-series tractors and implements are still around usually ARE scrap. I see some of the prices out in Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Idaho, etc.etc and I drool. but by the time I pay to have it shipped, it really is no better than giving someone near by the prices I quoted.

Don't get me wrong, I see the prices out west. My point is, the ones out here in the east are definitely a bit different. The price that kid is asking is over the top, and really closer to the agregate parts worth if he were to part it out.

Take notice of the front wheels. Tell me where you can find those type of steel fronts for the F-12/F-14 for under $250.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.