Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clark Airborne crawler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cindy Murdoch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted a few years ago about a old WWII crawler we have. We"d like to sell it. It hadn"t run for 6 years so I wasn"t sure if it was still able to run. However, one of my farm hands has been tinkering with it and confirmed that it does still start up. It does need to be restored but is operational. I have lots of photos of almost every angle and have posted one below.

I"d like to confirm it is indeed a Clark Airborne before putting it up for sale and also find out what kind of price range I should be asking for it now that I can confirm it runs. I asked on this before and believe that"s what people decided it was, but it"s been a few years like I said and lots has happened in those years, so I"m not remembering everything like I should.
The treads are all good and move. There"s some rust, but I"m assuming that whoever bought it would be into restoring it to the condition they would want it to be in. It"s a regular gas operating crawler. Pretty small as you can see.
A little piece of history for someone.

If anyone has any input on exactly what kind of cat this is, I"d appreciate the info so I can sell it and tell people correctly about what I have here. The plate on the front is difficult to read because sometime in it"s lifetime someone decided this equipment should be yellow instead of green and painted over the tag. It does say it is from the USArmy Airborne division.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Cindy Murdoch
timberviewfarmOR@yahoo.com

AJ.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What a lovely little tractor,looks to be intact and in great shape,it is a highly sought tractor and valuable,if I was your side of the pond I would snap it up,there is a site for the Clark Airborne at the link below,plenty people there that will be interested.
AJ
http://www.clarkairdozer.com

Lavoy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It appears to be an Airborne, but some things are odd. No Jerry can holders, no toolbox, grille seems odd to me too, but not sure. If it is a Clark Airborne, there will be big brass tags on the dozer, the crawler, and the engine.
I am thinking what you might have is a US Trac.
Lavoy

Cindy Murdoch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tag attached to the back of the shovel has been painted over, but does say U S Army Airborne on it on the part I can read. I found some restoration photos someone took of another Clark CA-1 and the tag was identical in layout (except you could read theirs). I don't want to mess with too much in case I damage something in cleaning it and using the wrong cleaner or put a scratch where it destroys some information.

Cindy Murdoch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your link didn't go to a Clark Airborne site. More of an multiple airline site. If you have the name of the site, I can find it from there.

AJ.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try this one, if this fails Google it
AJ
http://www.clarkairdozer.com/message_board/

Nebraska Kirk
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nifty! A neighbor of mine here in southeast Nebraska has a Clark Airborne Crawler that he has restored and takes to local shows, it is a neat piece!!

W F Grohoski
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Clark Airborne crawler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.syltech.net

Ray is the guru of Clark Airborn's

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.