Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1961 Fordson Dexta

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinay Sharma
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: 1961 Fordson Dexta Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hydraulic lifts well but when cutting grass bush-hog would not maintain lift setting and keeps digging into ground. What is proper weight oil should be used for lift? I am using 85 wt. CI would appreciate comments.

Majorman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 Fordson Dexta Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should be 30W or Multigrade 20/30.

Are you using the lift in Draft control or Position Control? Little lever under the quadrant on the side of the lift should be parallel to the lift not pointing down to the footplate. Should only be used in the "pointing down" position for ploughing, cultivating or tipping a trailer ot loader.

Vinay Sharma
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 Fordson Dexta Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for your response. I have verified that the lever you mentioned is in parallel to the lift. Any other suggestions?

Majorman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 Fordson Dexta Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With the lever in that position you should be able to move the main control lever up from the bottom of the quadrant a little at a time and see the lift arms raise a little at a time in line with the movement of the quadrant lever. If the arms do not operate like this you need the lift off and you will probably find that the Position Control pin is worn out. This is a pretty simple fix and a new pin can be made out of a drill bit.

The Position Control pin is between the two springs in this picture, sorry about the quality but I think you can see the part we are talking about.

pwbrown

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 Fordson Dexta Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not maintaining position is a common problem. we solved the problem by making a adjustable chain link bracket from the bottom hole where the top link fits (put top link in top hole) and the bottom end bracket goes on the bush hog lift pins before the lift arms. adjustable height one link at a time and works great. the top bracket has a hole for the chain to pass thru with a slot to secure the chain at the precise level you want. works great.

pwb

Vinay Sharma
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1961 Fordson Dexta Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for your reply. It seems like a good solution. Would it be possible for you to send me a picture?

pwbrown

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1961 Fordson Dexta Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Yes I will be glad to share a photo of the adjustable height chain bracket to you. Just send your US Mail address to me at perbro@windstream.net
My Dexta and bush hog is in another State however I am there almost weekly; so give me a little time.
Dexta's are a great little tractor.
pwb

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Fordson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.