Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM 445

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Udo3259
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need to do a little work on the 445. Leaking antifreeze into crankcase and hope it"s only a gasket problem. Are they available? It also needs a ring gear. And while I"m at it I might as well fix the 3-point. Complicated? How"s parts availability? Thanks Udo

Curt Cooke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Approach with caution! I've never been lucky enough to find that a gasket is the problem. It's more likely to be a cracked head. I don't know what the supply of uncracked heads is. I'd call Welters to see if a ring gear is available before I split the tractor, it may not be. Of course, if there are enough good spots on the ring gear you can remove and reinstall in a different position to cure that problem. 3 point, can't tell without knowing what's "wrong" with it.

Alan K
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What year is your 445? If it is an early one with the first hydraulic set up on them...Ive heard they are..interesting lol. I have two non running 445s the later one with tel-o-flo system, the 3pt arms are down. The early 445 with the first system is still up and wont go down lol. I agree with Curt. Any more info on it?

JOCCO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it is a head or a block the 4 star and jet star will work also. So you should have no trouble there. I would put a fitting in the plug hole and use air pressure to see which cylinder is leaking or pull the side cover!!!

el6147
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just replaced a ring gear on a 445. AGCO nor any other aftermarket parts supplier are making new ring gears, unless someone else knows something I dont . start looking for a used one.

john Coleman

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 445 molene tractor that has been converted to 12 volt with an alternator. I have it wired very close to correct ( except when I turn the key off it keeps running) all the gages work correct. I need a wiring diagram to tell me how to correct it. Thanks for the help

MMDEL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to put a diode in the syatem. Check with your local starter generator rebuilder.
MMDEL

don harmon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought head gasket set from Welters in Mo. I believe,prompt reply and results

don harmon
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: MM 445 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see u have 2 non running 445 s?? is that right?? Looking for a gas tank and side panels for one?? Can u help me out on this?? Thnks Don

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.