Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

industrial R John Deere

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Jensen
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: industrial R John Deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently purchased a model R John Deere and found orange paint beneath the repainted green when power washing the tractor. Whatsmore, The detachable section of the draw bar has been reversed and welded to the main drawbar underneath the tractor possibly for a scraper attached to the front of the tractor. Unfortunately the tractors" serial number plate is missing. I have read that a model RI is rare. If anyone has any further information that might help me identify what I have I would be greatful.

D-
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: industrial R John Deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would think w/o a way to prove it was an RI it's just an R.

Mike Aylward
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: industrial R John Deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There never was an "RI". Some R's had heavier features and were possibly painted colors other than green but there never was a dedicated industrial tractor. Mike

fixer2u
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: industrial R John Deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought that there was an RI according to this site.
Poke Here

Mike Aylward
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: industrial R John Deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like I said, there were R's with industrial features but never a dedicated RI. The first dedicated Waterloo industrial tractor was an 830-I. Mike

Pete76NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: industrial R John Deere Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Although JD did not make a model specifically called an RI they did as stated sell some Rs with heavier front ends and some different compentry for industrial use, and they did paint some different colors. I have seen 2 different industrial yellow Rs, one was a very well documented fully restored tractor and the other is as original as the day is long still attached to the scraper it was purchased with. Guy who owns it owns a large construction company his Father bought it for a highway contract he won. Tractor is still in amazing shape garaged and not used still wearing the industrial tires and yellow paint it was delivered in with pics of it being deliverd that way. I dont know if the front end was different or if it had pto i know it had hydraulics. So essentially yes they made RIs they just didn' t call em that as far as I know. That having been said, with no ser number you cant tell if the tractor had a custom job order so you really just have another R. Document any orange you find real well with lotsa pics!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.