Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: revisited Russian rifle

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg K
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Turns out the rifle that the guy wanted to trade is a Moisen Nagant. It has a star with an arrow in it stamped on top of the receiver where it meets the barrel. He tried to tell me he paid $600+ for it, not worth it in my book. It was still in a Liberty Arms box with all the cleaning supplies, bayonet, sling, etc. I do believe that he may have had some of that special ammo, about 5 rounds but the rest was military ball ammo FMJ. thanks for your help everyone.

DaninKansas
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it has the turned down bolt and the period correct scope (not the after war scope) it might be worth $600 to a collector. If its the typical 91-30 its worth about $150 - $175.

Sounds like a "Tula" built rifle - one of their better factories.

http://62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinID.htm

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember not too long ago those were stacked up like cord wood at the gun show tables. Something like $69.99 or $79.99 ??

I got one before that was still in the cosmoline and brand new unissued. Forget what I paid but it was alot more then the average one from those tables.

D beatty
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought my Moisen Nagant about 6 years ago and got the first pick out of the packing crate and gave a hundred dollars for it. Mine is not regular rifle its a carbine and has no bayonet lug and gun looks like new.

Bill Radford
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lots of better rifles out there for $600.00.
Ive seen these new in cosmoline for $125
You can find a 1917 Enfield in 30-06 for $600.00 in great condition if you look for them. Much better rifle

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We picked up a pair of the Mosn Nagnat 91/30s not long ago for $150 each and they came in the box in grease and had all the extra with them to boot. Same rifle right now is up to $169.95 at the same place we got this pair form and that is 6 months later

1130Leo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unless it's a sniper rifle, it's not worth more than about $150. If it is a true sniper rifle, complete with scope etc, then it may be worth $600.00 I paid $80 for mine, it's a 91/30 in perfect condition, although I purchased it long before a certain someone was elected.

Greg K
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, no turned down bolt or scope so a hundred dollar gun in other words.

D beatty
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing that would make it worth a little more than a $100.00 is no paper work.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I said they are selling new right now for $169.95 and a gun now days does not drop in price unless messed up real bad so it is a $150-175 gun as is

36 Coupe
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those rifles sold for 100 bucks all refinished for a long time here.I bought a yugo M48 Mauser in new condition for 130 bucks when I had a C&R license.Gun prices have gone way up since the great one took office.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wasn't that long ago run of the mill MN 91's were going for as little as $60.00 or less. Your pal is dreaming or delusional or he's no pal.

wisbaker
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw a facebook post the other day: Why Moisen-Nagant? 'Cause it's the only way to arm 6 people for $500!

Greg K
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think your last option was the correct one.

Richard from SE AZ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: OT: revisited Russian rifle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the carbine short rifle. M44. Probably the hardest kicking non magnum I have ever shot. Need to get a 91/30 before the price goes any higher.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.