Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry W
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many pounds of calcium chloride will go in a 18.4 x 34 wheel and tire?

Thanks Jerry

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

100 gallons at 1070 pounds.

Klyde
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chart

Joe (Wa)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe (Wa)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Klyde, we must be on the same wave.

Joe

Klyde
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess so.

ss55
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Per the charts already posted:

265 pounds of CaCl per tire for the 3.1 lb/gallon mix x 85 gallons

400 pounds of CaCl per tire for the 5 lb/gallon mix x 80 gallons

Might as well go with the 5 lb mix unless you don't need that much weight, especially if you are in a cold climate and need to use the tractor in winter.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have some I want to remove from my 18.4 X 34 tires.... anyone interested?

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

True Fluid is worth about a $1/gal

Call a local tire shop and see if they will make you a deal for your fluid. maybe give you some crdit for future tire purchases?

An 18.4x34 will have close to 80gal at 80% full. With the stem at the very top the fluid will be just below the stem mark to be 80% full

rich10e
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last time I took out fluid I had to keep it or he wouldn't do it,said no one wanted it,I have 200gal in barrels if anyone wants it.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: chloride in 18.4 x 34 tire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rich10e wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:04:04 09/01/13) Last time I took out fluid I had to keep it or he wouldn't do it,said no one wanted it,I have 200gal in barrels if anyone wants it.

Every time I get a tractor with it in the back wheels I drain it into the driveway and get rid of it for good! Never liked it never will.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.