Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

730 jd trans question on value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick deere
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: 730 jd trans question on value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the 2nd over reverse a more valueble transmission that the 1st over reverse and would this put more value to the tractor?????thanks rick

Harvey2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 730 jd trans question on value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't see how it would make the tractor more valuable. You could get the tractor equipted the way you wanted it when they were new.
It seems that the JD people point out things on their tractors and make them sound like its something rare and more valuable as if to snooker unsucpeting people to believe they have something unusual.

rick deere
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 730 jd trans question on value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just thought Id ask but a 2 door 57 chev is suppose to be worth more than a 4 door .

wilamayb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 730 jd trans question on value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not really. I prefer the "standard transmission" despite the fact that mine has high speed 5th. Having high speed fifth takes away the low first gear. The high speed 5th is too fast for any chore that I can think of. 5th gear in my tractor is useless beyond pulling a heavy load up a steep incline on a main road. It's far too fast for any field work.

Dave Gunem
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: 730 jd trans question on value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 2 over R setup has a gear slipped over the left end of the upper tranny shaft with a plate and 2 bolts holding it on . The sliding gear on the left end of the lower tranny shaft is also different [ much smaller ] as is the shifting quadrant . Value is a fickle thing and I am not interested in getting into that argument other than how can it not be worth more as it has more parts ? Also I have never noticed that John Deere folks had any kind of monopoly on the " it"s one of blah - blah - blah " line of BS .

DIESELMAN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: 730 jd trans question on value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Adding value??? no but to someone who wants to pull the tractor it may make a difference, if they are planning on pulling heavy weight they may want the creeper gear but the one that pull lighter classes may want the faster trans. Mine has the faster and for the most part i love it 5th works great for leading a tractor drive because it a good speed for ther tractors to follow.

CLW
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 730 jd trans question on value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rick deere wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:52:42 09/03/13) Just thought Id ask but a 2 door 57 chev is suppose to be worth more than a 4 door .
Good one rick. Very Happy

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.