Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALLIS CHALMERS LOSING POWER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NORMAND

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: ALLIS CHALMERS LOSING POWER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I HAVE A 1951 ALLIS CHALMERS WITH A BELLY MOWER ON IT. IT WAS RUNNING OK UNTIL I BROKE MY MOWER BELT. AFTER REPLACING THE BELT I DETERMINED THE OLD ONE HAD BEEN SLIPPING SO I DIDN"T REALIZE I HAD A PROBLEM. AFTER MOWING FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES IT WILL START TO DIE AND AS SOON AS I CLUTCH IT IT IS OK. FROM THAT POINT ON I CANT ENGAGE THE MOWER DECK WITHOUT KILLING IT. IT WILL RUN BUT NOT WITH THE MOWER ON. I HAVE REPLACED THE POINTS, COIL, CLEANED THE CARBURETOR 3 TIMES, HAD AN EXHAUST LEAK SO I CHANGED THE EXHAUST/INTAKE GASKET AND THE MUFFLER HAD A LEAK AS WELL AND CHANGED IT. IT SEEMS TO BE STARVING FOR FUEL. HELP

NORMAND

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS LOSING POWER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I FORGOT TO PUT ON MY POST THAT I PUT A CARB KIT IN THE CARBURETOR.

johnpop1

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS LOSING POWER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you sure that the spindle isn't starting to seize on the deck?

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS LOSING POWER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About the same as the one below.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ALLIS CHALMERS LOSING POWER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

STOP throwing parts at it trouble shoot then parts or you can/will cause more problems.
#1 check that the blades spin freely with out the belt on.
#2 check any and all idlers and make sure they spin freely
#3 make sure with the belt off the PTO spins freely
As others have said good chance you have a mower problem not a tractor problem

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.