Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for information on IH spreaders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jal-SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Looking for information on IH spreaders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone have a picture or a manual for a Model 21 IH spreader? I have obtained an IH spreader that looks like a Model 200, but it has wood sides and floor. It does have traces of blue paint on the wheels and has a curved top rail, unlike the 200 that has an angle iron top rail. I think it could be a Model 21, 30 or 31 or any of the next generation of IH ground drive spreaders built after IH discontinued the Model 200 in 1955. Thanks in advance for any information would be appreciated. (My $0.02 worth. jal-SD)

pburg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for information on IH spreaders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't heard of a Model 21. But I have a Mod 30 that you might be interested in seeing----

jal-SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for information on IH spreaders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the information! Mine is not a model 30, like yours. Its sides and hitch are different than the picture. The top rail is metal, sides and floor are wood. The hitch is like the 200 pictured in C. H. Wendel's "150 Years of International Harvester" on page 204. jal-SD

jal-SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for information on IH spreaders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took some measurements of the box this AM. The wood sides, below the flared metal top rail are 13 1/2 inches high, the spreader floor is 41 1/2 inches wide in the front and 44 inches wide at the rear where the apron chain goes beneath the floor. Its floor boards are 105 inches long. (Another $0.02 worth. jal-SD)

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for information on IH spreaders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Give me a call at 320-468-6474, I have some info on these

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.