Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHATS IT WORTH ?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1965lonewolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JUST SEEING WHAT THE MOLINE GUYS OUT THERE THINK ITS WORTH ? 1954 MOLINE GTBD , ALOT OF WORK WENT INTO THIS TRACTOR , WON LAST 3 YEARS IN A ROW THE POINTS IN TWO DIFFERENT CLUBS AND IT DOES JUST AS GOOD ON STONEBOLT PULLING TOO , YOU CAN EAT OFF THIS TRACTOR, WASHED AND WIPED DOWN EVERYTIME AFTER A PULL, DOESN"T GO INTO THE GARGAGE DIRTY- WANT SOMETTHING DIFFERENT ,WANT TO WIN MOST OF YOUR PULLS ? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ITS WORTH ?

molinegb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it has a 068 prefix in serial # it should be preserved as production numbers are very low. A very collectibile tractor if original condition could be reverted. Sorry not a fan of pullers elimatating history.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with you totally, if I was gonna buy one its not gonna be a puller, people always take these old tractors and in my opinion ruin them. I personally think its worth less than a nice original one.

Steve Sewell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's worth what someone will pay for it. (I know smart %$##$ answer).
As it is now built as a puller it will depend on your location and what classes / weights it was built to pull in. In other words - more info is needed.

_steve

1965lonewolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

6500,7500 AND 8500 LB CLASSES , TRANFER SLED OR STONEBOLT ( BLOCK ) PULLING, AND THEY MADE THIS TRACTOR FOR ONLY TWO YEARS AND I BELIEVE 853 OR 854 UNITS, EVERYTHING HAS BEEN REBUILT, PAINTED OR CHROMED, NOT ONE PIECE ON THIS TRACTOR HASN"T BEEN CHECKED OUT

1965lonewolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

correct,only two years they made this tractor, i believe 853 or 854 units, i have 95% of all the original parts to bring back to factory spec's - i wanted something different and this tractor gets alot of pictures taken of it, rare around the new england area

1965lonewolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well everyone has there two cents to put in and thats fine, thats what makes the world go round and round

mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From a puller's point of view, what's been done to the engine? What injector pump is on it? I can tell it's a Roosa-Master, but what head is on it? What's been done to the injectors? It's a beautiful tractor and it's great that you kept all the original parts, I did the same with my UB Diesels, but when you're selling a pulling tractor, original parts don't count LOL

1965lonewolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

THAT WILL BE DISCUSSED WITH A BUYER WHO IS INTERESTED BUT FIGURE ON ALOT OF WORK HAS BEEN DONE, LIKE ANYTHING ELSE POWER IS HARD AND EXPENSIVE TO COME BY

Ray Tellin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess some people would rather see them collect dust in a shed than used.

Dieselbear
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not looking to buy, But you asked what it is worth. If you don't give us enough info about the tractor, engine, pump, ect. how do you expect to get an estimate?

1965lonewolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I AGREE WITH YOU RAY 100 %

1965lonewolf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK - SO GO BOTH WAYS - WHATS IT WORTH WITH A STOCK 425 CID DIESEL AND WHATS IT WORTH WITH A BUILT UP MOTOR - ALL I AM TRYING TO DO IS GET SOME FEELERS OUT THERE ON A SELLING PRICE , THATS ALL , I GOT MORE THEN 15 GRAND INTO IT AND I LOVE THE TRACTOR AND WHERE EVER I GO I HAVE A 90% OF WINNING , I GET SOME SECONDS AND ONCE IN A BLUE MOON A THIRD BUT ANYONE CAN BE BEAT ON ANY GIVEN DAY, I AM THINKING ABOUT BUILDING A SMOKER PULLING TRACTOR

molinegb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is probably this forum has a discussion forum for MM and one for tractor pulling!

M.Genrich
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: WHATS IT WORTH ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking tractor! Here is a little note for the correct police. I have a low serial number gbd, It runs on starting fluid but has pump problems. Has the big fenders but they are poor, nice hood and grill ect. Tires are black and round. 100% complete. I bought it out of Canada and by the time I paid the shipping I have $2500 in it. If someone wants it for that ill let it go outherwise its going to get an HD800 this winter. I have a massey 95 can use just the same. Tractor is located in north central Iowa. Thanks.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.