Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

earliest MF 135 hunt.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfflannels
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: earliest MF 135 hunt. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This message is a reply to an archived post by 135 nutter on February 09, 2010 at 13:11:10.
The original subject was "earliest MF 135 hunt.".

I am new to the forum. I saw a posting looking for the earliest 135. My 135 has a s/n plate stamped simply 6401. Transmission housing stamp is 894 682 MI. The Perkins 3 cyl diesel s/n is 231-2318 with a GKN 1842 stamp below the fuel filter and I checked the oil pan which revealed 7 12 64.
I guess it could be a 1965 assuming the digits missing in the S/N are the first 5: 64100? Or a 1967, if the missing digits are 9A1?
Anyone know where the Perkins diesels were made? If cast in July of 64, it makes sense that the tractor could be a 65, SN 641006401. On the other hand, there"s a small chance it is a 64.

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: earliest MF 135 hunt. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a 1963 MF35 and the Perkins # is 1969589

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: earliest MF 135 hunt. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In Britain the first 135 was serial number 101 and it was built in August 1964. The earliest known to still exist is something like 167?????. Your Perkins number is a casting code used by GKN Sankey, a British engineering and foundry firm...The Perkins diesels were built in Peterborough, England. You transmission stamp is also a casting code and not a serial number.
Sam

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: earliest MF 135 hunt. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was someone that posted on here a couple years ago, they had the 6th UK 135 built. I have a 65 UK 135 with serial # F(multi-power) 3742. The date on the oil pan is 9 12 64 if I recall. Day month year I was told. It's highly possible a later tractor could have an engine a couple days earlier. My tractor was built for the Canadian market. Couple minor differences from regular UK models.

richardinnz
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: earliest MF 135 hunt. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

7.12.64 = 7th of December 1964 British dates are day/month/year, so It looks as if you may have an early 1965 tractor.
GKN are a big company and Perkins had castings produced by GKN at their Sankey near Warrington in Cheshire plant (they also produced wheels and tractor cabs for others as well as M-F). Perkins are now owned by Caterpillar for probably the last 10 or 12 years, but the plant is to the best of my knowlege still on Frank Perkins Parkway in Peterbrough Cambridgeshire.

Loren NC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: earliest MF 135 hunt. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jdemaris I am surprised to see you here. Thought you were a J-D guy. Now that I know, what do you think of a Massy 135 gas model? I am thinking seriously of buying one to replace my J-D 1010.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.