Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cub Cadet 1250 question

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there a disconnect on them for the rear end. I have this 1250 with hydrostatic drive and it runs ok but will not move and I was told it may have a disconnect for the rear end

Phil B.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It could be as simple as a broken spirol pin at the flexible connector on the driveshaft near the pump.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Drive shaft is good since I had to out when I put in the replacement pump

Mark W.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there a disengage lever on the left hand side, by your legs, to put it in neutral?

Ken Combs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some Cub Cadets had relief valves that were automatic, some had a manual relief lever. It's hard to say which you have, since so many have been worked on and/or swapped in the last 30 years.

Since you replaced the hydro maybe you remember the two valves on the top of the pump. If they had little buttons in the center, then it requires the manual relief lever/linkage. If not, it should roll when pushed, not easily, but it should move.

If you have the manual valves but no lever/linkage it won't move. There is no rear end/differential release, just the hydraulic valves.

Ken Combs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here is a link to a pic of the manual type.
http://www.cubclassics.com/images/used057.jpg

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No buttons so automatic relief valves so guess that is not where the drive problem is

TWheat
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rich, There was a dissconnect package available on the 1250, but I don't have the S# break. It would be a clutch located between the cooling fan (rear of tractor) and the double flex discs(S# 622952 and above had double rear drive discs).
The left brake/hydro return petal adjustment is different for the dissconnect package than without it. If you determine that you have the dissconnect package , I can scan and send you the page on adjusting that petal, but I don't think that is your problem.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No such clutch in the drive line since I had that out and back in

Old Roy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a pic similar to both styls.

The one on the left looks like an automatic valve although it is actually the same as the one on right with button depressed.

If you have the buttons try bumping lightly with a small hammer to see if they maybe stuck.

I have a friend in SC that may have some for the quiet lines .. $50.00 each.

You don't suppose the cleaner you used was not "O" ring friendly ?

I will get heck for this but dextron II will work in place of the recommended Hy Tran.
Untitled URL Link

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

old:

Quite often, there is a "spirol pin" that secures the Coupler to the Hydro Input Shaft. When this breaks, the drive shaft spins, but the Hydro Input Shaft does not. You have to look real close to see if this is happening. The spirol pin (aka: spring pin) is 1/4" x 1-1/2". Simply remove whats left of the old pin and tap in the new one.

Absent Minded Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, the 1250 did not have a dump lever for the hydro. The hole for the missing lever should be punched in the tin under one of the fenders, behind the tire. If you would like a manual for it, you can have it.
We haven't had a Quiet-Line tractor in years. Great lawnmowers though, fairly easy to work on.

Mike

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya a manual might help me figure out why it will not move. My e-mail is open so we can talk about it

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All that was removed and then put back in since I have it apart from the engine back and had the whole rear end out and took the flex couplers apart and the shaft apart

Ken Combs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, I'm confused. When you say "it won't move", does that mean when running it won't move under it's own power OR, that it won't roll when pushing.
My response about relief valves was to a 'wont roll' complaint primarily. But manual valves with the buttons depressed will result in a 'no drive' condition.

The responses about the roll pin were addressing a won't move under its' own power issue.

Unconfuse me please.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.