Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Beighley
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in NC, and a guy has a WH D-160 for sale on Craigslist.
It appears to be in excellent condition. Really, excellent. I pored over the 8-10 pics he had loaded, and didn"t see any indicators of excessive abuse.

Called the guy, told me there were two owners before him. He"s had it a year or two. No restoration, just great original condition.
He said he sprayed it with a little clear coat to spruce it up, which I find either suspect, or thorough. I can't decide.
Claims it cranks fast, no smoke, "a beast", 1973 or "74, he"s not sure.

Asking $1999, reduced from $2199. Says he"s increasing it back to $2199 next spring when the season starts up again, leading me to believe he either 1) knows what it"s worth, or 2) is stupid and greedy.
Can anyone tell me what's a fair price?
Thanks a lot.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would either go look and take a test drive before deciding. You're buying a "pig in a poke"
by buying unseen. Hal

Old Roy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a friend in that area that has a lot to do with plow days down there.

I'll know tomorrow if he knows who owns it and what kind of guy he is .

Jason Beighley
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.
He's in the Kernersville area (not sure where your buddy is, but thanks.)
I'm going to stop on Friday and drive it a bit.

Jason Beighley
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He re-posted newer photos today.
It looks like he's got about 3-4 Wheel Horses, all different models.
All of them look, in the photos, like they're in excellent shape.
He also has a mid-70s IH Cub cadet for sale, and it's super nice too.
It'll be interesting if your buddy knows him.

Thanks a lot.

Old Roy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No He doesnt' know that fella.. he does have several friends that do have them.

If it is the one in the Greenville area .. He did talk to his friend he works for, and also has a Toro shop says it must be in close to show room condition for that price.

The one I saw looked pretty good .. gone now

Old Roy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No He doesnt' know that fella.. he does have several friends that do have them.

If it is the one in the Greenville area .. He did talk to his friend he works for, and also has a Toro shop says it must be in close to show room condition for that price.

The one I saw looked pretty good .. gone now

Jason Beighley
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Wheel Horse D-160 for sale; need help please Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, sir, for that.
He's in the Greensboro area, about three hours from Greenville.
I am going to stop and take a look and drive later this morning.
I'll try to post some photos later on, and maybe get some feedback from y'all.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.