Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

engine temp..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Roemer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: engine temp.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 43 H that I have replaced the temp gauge with a new one, the other one didn"t work or I thought it didn"t... The new one doesn"t either, ran it for 2 hours today and the gauge still doesn"t move.. Am I missing something?

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: engine temp.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try putting cardboard on the radiator or work the tractor hard, the cooling system is so efficient that you can idle it all day and it will never warm up.
Zach

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: engine temp.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take the old one and put in boiling water. H doesent normally run warm till its on a hard pull just driving around wont raise any reading. Chances are the old one was good always put the sender in very hot water to check the reading.

53 super H
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: engine temp.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Super H gauge never moves unless the tractor is working pretty hard, then it will start to move towards run.

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: engine temp.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In addition to the other vomments, the thermostat bypass port is actually big enough to prevent the thermostat from opening. Thus no warmup to mid range should be expected. Remember these were built before emmissions (and warm engines were made normal. Jim

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: engine temp.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does it have a thermostat in it?

rdpavlis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: engine temp.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know where you got your temperature gauge, but I just bought one for my Farmall 350 and it basically didn't work out of the box. I would check the water temperature in the radiator after it appears warmed up and see if it is warm. Mine was up to 180 degrees and the temperature gauge never moved off the peg. I am waiting for a new one to replace the bad one. Roger

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.